I have been asked to introduce myself which I am happy to do, but to be honest I doubt that I am the sort of member who will be an asset to this forum. I stumbled upon this site as I was searching for some help with a problem that I suspect I created myself by downloading unsafe software on my new computer. I have been around computers as a user since the early 70's when the core still had valves in them and each computer had its own large air conditioned room. However the workings of them are as much a mystery to me now as they were then. I spend a lot of time online but mainly on social neworking sites to stay in touch with family who are scattered around the world. I have a son who is a network manager for a large multinational company but he is based in London and also he hates to be asked about anything to do with computers when he is not working. Anyway I still have the problem that intitially brought me here in the first place and if anyone feels they have the patience to help me out it would be much appreciated. Lastly thanks for the warm welcome email that I received on joining.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi and welcome! my dad always needs computer advice, too. i try to be patient with him, but it's tough to diagnose peculiar behavior on his computer long distance. i hope your son finds some time to help.

if he can't i'm sure people here will if you ask in the right forum.

hi and welcome! my dad always needs computer advice, too. i try to be patient with him, but it's tough to diagnose peculiar behavior on his computer long distance. i hope your son finds some time to help.

if he can't i'm sure people here will if you ask in the right forum.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. Fortunately I have sorted the problem out and things are going fine again. Hopefully I don't stuff up again in the near future. It is great having a new computer and I am really enjoying Windows 7, it is much easier to use than Vista was. Thanks again for replying.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.