Hi. I live in Japan in a city just outside Tokyo, although only for a few more weeks. Before a train's doors close here, a jingley little tune gets played to warn people still descending the steps to the platform they need to hurry up. The variety of tunes available depends on the line you're on and they reflect a wide range of human emotions; contemplative, happy, rushed, peaceful etc.

Does anyone think this idea would work well in the US or UK, or if it might just prove too annoying for commuters?

Steven.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Gee. You just aren't into progress, are you? :icon_twisted:

Gee. You just aren't into progress, are you? :icon_twisted:

Not for the sake of it :P

But then being in the UK, the trains where I am are late so often, that if you miss it it's your own fault :D

... being in the UK, the trains where I am are late so often, that if you miss it it's your own fault :D

Then it seems that if the trains are late so often, the entertainment value of Musical Platforms would be welcome. Especially if accompanied by dancers...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.