That's my name. I live in Okinawa, Japan. I was not in the military in Okinawa. I am 78, will be 79 in June. I'm married and have two children. I have four computers, two Macs and two IBMs. The two IBMs are 9 years old.
I do considerable amount of photography, Insects, people and flowers.

I read a lot, I have a very nice library here in my room. I also have cattleya orchids in this room, and radios and telecope (Meade) and Short wave radio. JS6ROQ.
That will give you an idea about me.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello and welcome, Bob Plunkett :)

I was born in Okinawa. Aza-Kuwae Chatan-Son, if i correctly recall what's written on my birth certificate. I often wonder about my birthplace, i was only 3 mos old when my folks brought me back to the States. (my dad was USAF). he was there for a year and has good memories of the island, the people and scuba diving.

what do you like to look at with your telescope?

Hello and welcome, Bob Plunkett :)

I was born in Okinawa. Aza-Kuwae Chatan-Son, if i correctly recall what's written on my birth certificate. I often wonder about my birthplace, i was only 3 mos old when my folks brought me back to the States. (my dad was USAF). he was there for a year and has good memories of the island, the people and scuba diving.

what do you like to look at with your telescope?

Hello Jephthah,

That's interesting that you were born, here, so was my son. I have been here for four years and in Japan for 19.

Yes, it's a nice island and where I go to the beach it is quite pretty. I live in Haebaru Cho, which is in the South, near Naha.

It is cloudy here so much that it is difficult to see much with my scope. But I like looking at Saturn, Jupiter and the moon. There is so much light all around where I live that it is difficult to see any stars.

Thank you for telling me about being born here.

Bob Plunkett.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.