how can a half-geek find a decent gf???

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

By taking time to look for a good one and being nice to her.

I don't really look like the steriotypical geek, so I have no problem in getting girls that look more than descent.

Been with my girl friend for 3 years now :) she loves me just the way I am.

I suggest finding a geekish girl, or at least a gamer or anime girl, they usually work well :)

Umm... get a life? :mrgreen:

>I suggest finding a geekish girl, or at least a gamer or anime girl
Ha! Geek girls know better than to date geek guys. ;)

>how can a half-geek find a decent gf???
Use the other half?

Umm... get a life? :mrgreen:

buuuurn, but kind of mean

lmao, well if you have to ask perhaps it is better that you know not...

buuuurn, but kind of mean

Meant purely in good fun. :)

Hi everyone,

From what i read, i think you are in high school. Try concentrating on your studies, get into a good college and when finally you land that big IT job with lots of money, the women will roll in together. Its kinda like a package

ps. No disrespected intended to women

Richard West

No disrespect intended to you, freesoft_2000, but your very existence annoys me greatly.

haha I hear you can order women off the internet. whahahahhaha

Dang, I wish walmart had an isle of nothing but chicks for sale.

I hear you can order women off the internet.

Just like cars, they take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to download!

Richard West, if you meant no disrespect to women why the **** did you open your gob?

haha I hear you can order women off the internet. whahahahhaha

Dang, I wish walmart had an isle of nothing but chicks for sale.

hmmm, but then they would be made by child labour... :mad: Walmart is evil

pppssssttt...

good luck...;)

Hi everyone,

Richard West, if you meant no disrespect to women why the **** did you open your gob?

Bad Habit

Richard West

It's not often that a thread makes you laugh a bit. :lol:

Member Avatar for mderbyshire

Scrap the IT job and ordering (and paying for) girls off the 'net!

Instead, play your guitar on the MTV, and, as they say- "You get your money for nothin', and your chicks for free"!

I can't promise anything, however :)

haha, thats pretty damn funny, but im with dmr on this one.

To start, find a girl with the "I love love nerds" t-shirt on.

Do people even sell those?

Hmmm... I expect they probrably do in some in(s)ane shop on the interweb.

Wierd.

NO chat up lines, just be cool, make an effort go buy some decent aftershave, get some cool clothes, maybe go to the gym and tone up a bit, be cool with them don't be pushy and then ask them politely for their number or summit

the british charm ^^

got her yet? :D

Hell Yeah!

oh..

you don't mean me?

Squires, that's nowhere near a good indicator.

I personally know 5-6 really attractive geek girls, and they all wear those "I love nerds/geeks" t-shirts. But, see a nerd try to approach one of them? Be as cool/personable as they want to, but the girls still shoot them down, because they know they're cute, and they don't love nerds as much as their shirt claims for them-- they just think it's cute to associate themselves with that crowd.

define decent.

Aww, don't worry.
I would think it takes a while to find someone.
If that girl dumps you, she isn't good enough for you,
even if you grew to like her.

Actually, I do not even know how it is to be dumped or anything because
I do not have a boyfriend. =DDD (and I bet when I get older I would not be married.)

Not all girls are the same, just stay away from the snobs. @.@
They are a pain.
You get a vibe when to stay away from certain people...
I bet some girl might be interested in what you do, whether if she is an anime/gamer girl or not.

You need to trick yourself that worst possible thing that could happen would be for you to find a girl friend. Enjoy being single, find something to save up lots of money for, become really busy, set goals and targets with no margin for error, take up hobbies, then, at the point at which the most incovenient thing that could happen is to find that special someone, a nice young lady will take a shine to you.

The best advice is to wait for the right one. If you get desperate and will go for anyone, then that can lead to disaster later in life. Don't just go for the first person you see, get to know them a little.

You need to trick yourself that worst possible thing that could happen would be for you to find a girl friend. Enjoy being single, find something to save up lots of money for, become really busy, set goals and targets with no margin for error, take up hobbies, then, at the point at which the most incovenient thing that could happen is to find that special someone, a nice young lady will take a shine to you.

yup, thats the way to do it, If you actively seek, then you won't really build a strong relationship anyways.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.