Sorry folks but after 30 minutes this is the ONLY place I can find to ask a question.

It is a VERY elementary question!

Can you please explain to me about "who I am" as regards emails and how other people regard me?

For example I have emailed using

SNIP, SNIP, SNIP

How do I find out which of these work?
I used to be able to send via one and receive a reply from the J.marshall one.
How do I reactivate that?
How do I find out who the recipient thinks the message is from: how he identifies me?

many thanks
Esdel

Sorry folks but after 30 minutes this is the ONLY place I can find to ask a question.

It is a VERY elementary question!

Can you please explain to me about "who I am" as regards emails and how other people regard me?

For example I have emailed using

SNIP, SNIP, SNIP

How do I find out which of these work?
I used to be able to send via one and receive a reply from the J.marshall one.
How do I reactivate that?
How do I find out who the recipient thinks the message is from: how he identifies me?

many thanks
Esdel

This is the Geek's Lounge. Not sure what the right forum is, but it's definitely not this one. Perhaps this one or one of its subforums, though they aren't particularly e-mail oriented:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum13.html

As you found out, if you put real e-mail addresses, they get snipped, so if you have an e-mail question, you have to give clearly bogus e-mail addresses if you want them to survive:

joe_schmo@some_site.com

There are all sorts of questions regarding e-mail that one could ask, some more technical than others. If there is an e-mail address that used to work, but now doesn't, either the e-mail doesn't get there or it gets there but is never seen or is seen but is never responded to or is responded to and never gets back to you. There are a myriad of reasons why any of this could occur. Your best bet is to contact some human being on the other end and talk to them, then you can send some test e-mails back and forth.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.