Hey guys.
I am a shy person and there's a girl in my class I like. I don't know her as I am new to the class. Please tell me how should I be friends with her.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Since when did Daniweb turn into a "Tips for dating" site ? :-/

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You're both in school so being direct and social is key.
Just simply smile, catch eye contact, then go up to her and talk about something. See how it goes. Try not to ask her heaps of questions. Assume you have rapport so treat her like you would a friend you've known before.

If you're getting good signals back, i.e she starts asking you questions. You might even attempt to get her number, then organise something to do after school.

Since when did Daniweb turn into a "Tips for dating" site ? :-/

It's the Geek Lounge, so I think we can post or ask anything besides tech.

You're both in school so being direct and social is key.
Just simply smile, catch eye contact, then go up to her and talk about something. See how it goes. Try not to ask her heaps of questions. Assume you have rapport so treat her like you would a friend you've known before.

If you're getting good signals back, i.e she starts asking you questions. You might even attempt to get her number, then organise something to do after school.

Thanks for the tips.

Write her a poem using your favourite programming language! :D

You're asking datingtips in a forum called the GEEKs' lounge... I mean GEEKS. It's like asking eviroment-saving tips from BP

You know, I've done that... It's awesome!! :P (Specially when the girl knows her codes)

Okiz.. let the tut begin :D :D

First of all , try to get her attention :D :D or else, just ask her for time ... even thats better :D

or ask something like this

"Hey Dear, Where are your wings, i ddnt see them :D"

Then the girl would reply "What wings ?"

your rep "Normally angles do have wings nuh :D"

Now you an continue the steps

That's a good one. Why not provide a sample?

That's a good one. Why not provide a sample?

typedef int roses;
typedef int violets;
typedef int sugar;

const int red = 1;
const int blue = 2;
const int sweet = 3;
const int you = 4;

int are(int) { return 0; }
int is(int)  { return 0; }
bool so(int) { return 0; }

int main()
{
    roses(are(red));
    violets(are(blue));
    sugar(is(sweet)) && so(are(you));
}

But if you're going to play Romeo, you should make one up yourself :P

typedef int roses;
typedef int violets;
typedef int sugar;

const int red = 1;
const int blue = 2;
const int sweet = 3;
const int you = 4;

int are(int) { return 0; }
int is(int)  { return 0; }
bool so(int) { return 0; }

int main()
{
    roses(are(red));
    violets(are(blue));
    sugar(is(sweet)) && so(are(you));
}

But if you're going to play Romeo, you should make one up yourself :P

Kewl.

Walk up to her. Light the smelliest cigarette you have.
"Hey, Baby. You-me, tonight, myplace."
Let the smoke drift out of your mouth into her face. Of course, flick any ashes towards her face.
She may call you a creep, jerk, jackass, and many other things, but be persistent and drop as many one line pick-ups as you can. Eventually she has to give in. Never take 'no' for an answer.
Afterwards, be sure to give her tush a pat as you leave.

commented: Gold +0

Hmmm hopefully she kinda likes you, if not you might experience the wrath of embarrassment. Something like that puts a big toll on a young person heart, especially in a social environment such as school. If anything, just talk to her as a friend, dont expect it to go anywhere further than that at first, get to know her and then see if you actually like the girl that you know. There is a fine line between being attracted to someone and liking someone for who they are, many people are oblivious to this.

Let the smoke drift out of your mouth into her face. Of course, flick any ashes towards her face.
She may call you a creep, jerk, jackass, and many other things, but be persistent and drop as many one line pick-ups as you can. Eventually she has to give in. Never take 'no' for an answer.

Ahahahahahaha

hehe

eek double post, idk how to delete!

Ahahahahahaha

hehe
dont get the guy slapped!

Under 21 not allowed to smoke + I don't smoke and I don't want to get slapped.

Only one tip: Don't try too hard.

I've always found that pleasant conversation works best. If you can talk to her for just a few minnutes, about classes, where she is from, how she is doing in class.. ask questions about her.. to let her know that you are interested. If she is interested she will ask the same kind of questions back. That's when you suggest a very noon-committal date, like coffee (thank god for Starbucks). Make it something that she can get up and leave after just a few minutes (length of drinking coffee). If she stays longer and seems interested in you wanting to know about her.. then you might suggest a more commital date.. lunch, dinner, movie. But GO FOR IT>

All of these foolish replies. The guy is asking for help and you guys are messing
around. So let me say this, let it be natural, don't be awkward, be confident especially, since girls don't like wimps, and start a conversation. Since you are new in the class, ask her help with a problem in the class, or ask her to help you get around, and when she says yes, start another conversation about her. Ask her questions about her( like how does she like it here in this school). But make sure she does not have a boyfriend, otherwise you might get into a fight or something, or
you'll at least be friends with her. But remember this, don't think you can just
get her to be her girlfriend in a day, work for it. And most of all, like I said,
be confident, and good luck. Make sure you update us for the good news. OH and also
present you self well, smell nice, look nice, act nice, and girls will be NICE to you
if you know what I mean.

All of these foolish replies. The guy is asking for help and you guys are messing
around. So let me say this, let it be natural, don't be awkward, be confident especially, since girls don't like wimps, and start a conversation. Since you are new in the class, ask her help with a problem in the class, or ask her to help you get around, and when she says yes, start another conversation about her. Ask her questions about her( like how does she like it here in this school). But make sure she does not have a boyfriend, otherwise you might get into a fight or something, or
you'll at least be friends with her. But remember this, don't think you can just
get her to be her girlfriend in a day, work for it. And most of all, like I said,
be confident, and good luck. Make sure you update us for the good news. OH and also
present you self well, smell nice, look nice, act nice, and girls will be NICE to you
if you know what I mean.

Thanks. My next class is on Saturday. I'll update you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.