New Guy on DaniWeb, hello everyone. Enjoy.

Name: Sam
Nickname: $.A.M., xSamKuma
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 245
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Hobbies: Working out, reading, working, fixing broken things, tearing things apart, martial arts, and weightlifting.

Relationship Status: Happy as hell Single

Fav Music: I break this down into genres. Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Rock, Some metal, J-rock, anything that sounds good to me. Highly open minded on this subject.

Education: Psychology, IT, Anthropology, Fitness, Auto Mechanic, etc. . . if its in a book, I can read and apply.

Work: IT Tech @ a call center. Working on my certs to be official.

Favorite Food: Meat, fish, veggies. (Will not eat liver, baked beans or bell peppers)

Favorite Movies: Again, genres: comedy, action, documentaries and instructional videos

Favorite TV Channels: Discovery, TLC, Food Network, YouTube

Favorite Video Games: MechWarriors, FF7-10, Need For Speed titles, Gears of War, Halo, and at the moment, Atlantica Online.

Stuff you Dislike: Stupid, ignorant people who lack the capacity to change or learn. Loud, inconsiderate and rude people. And highly emotional people. They should be shot on sight. CONTROL YASELF!

Future Goals: A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, learn C++, and in the end, be a robotic engineer. Thats where the background in Automotive Technology kicks in.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi Sam, nice to meet you :D

Sup maceman, how you?

My course studies are heading toward every one of your future goals! Can't say I have any interest in the auto-tech, but software engineering/IT security, hopefully for the government someday would be fantastic! Good luck with your goals and maybe we can compare notes if we ever need to, eh? BTW, I'm studying the 'C' language first (C All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies) before I head on to C++, being that C++ is like 95% C. So if you need a good place to start that actually gives a good laymen term-like learning setting, check that book out.. Got it dirt cheap on Amazon, and the author posts his Email in the book's first few pages... I had a few questions and he's written me back personally on every single one of them. Anyway, good luck and best wishes on this!

Thanks Saw, that is some very useful info for a noob like me on C. If you have Yahoo, AIM or MSN or some other IM client, IM me sometime. xSamKuma is the screen name for all 3 mentioned clients. I think we can learn C faster together than we would solo. Lemme know how it sounds to you.

New Guy on DaniWeb, hello everyone. Enjoy.

Name: Sam
Nickname: $.A.M., xSamKuma
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 245
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Hobbies: Working out, reading, working, fixing broken things, tearing things apart, martial arts, and weightlifting.

Relationship Status: Happy as hell Single

Fav Music: I break this down into genres. Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Rock, Some metal, J-rock, anything that sounds good to me. Highly open minded on this subject.

Education: Psychology, IT, Anthropology, Fitness, Auto Mechanic, etc. . . if its in a book, I can read and apply.

Work: IT Tech @ a call center. Working on my certs to be official.

Favorite Food: Meat, fish, veggies. (Will not eat liver, baked beans or bell peppers)

Favorite Movies: Again, genres: comedy, action, documentaries and instructional videos

Favorite TV Channels: Discovery, TLC, Food Network, YouTube

Favorite Video Games: MechWarriors, FF7-10, Need For Speed titles, Gears of War, Halo, and at the moment, Atlantica Online.

Stuff you Dislike: Stupid, ignorant people who lack the capacity to change or learn. Loud, inconsiderate and rude people. And highly emotional people. They should be shot on sight. CONTROL YASELF!

Future Goals: A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, learn C++, and in the end, be a robotic engineer. Thats where the background in Automotive Technology kicks in.

hi,

how are you sam? hope you will be fine i am here to say WELCOME here. i am also new here hope we will enjoy our stay here.

I sent a friends request through the control panel on DaniWeb, so hopefully did that right. Otherwise, [email snipped] would be my Windows Live mssgnr/email address. I'm just starting on learning about comments in this particular book, so just getting the basics down at the moment (listening for the sound of laughing experienced programmers.. haha). How about yourself? I've also made it my personal little project to fix up this old PC with Windows ME and get it hooked up to my television, connected to my network and get linux installed on it. I don't know networking that well yet, so thats about all that is hindering me. Anyway, good luck!

I wrecked my laptop that had Vista on it, split the HDD in half n put Win7 and ubuntu on it so I can play wit Linux-For-Dummies. So thats how I got my station setup. The project I'm working on is really just learning the language and then move on from there. Really is no point on working on old technology, its just wasted space in your brain. Shoot me a IM.. . . and whats a snipped email? (highly confuzzled)

>and whats a snipped email?
It means that I edited out the email address as per the forum rules. Keep it on site please :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.