Is it just me, or does it seems that people posting here are getting dumber and dumber? Dang if its this hard for you then, go work at McDonalds or something.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

It is simply the effect of entropy on humanity as a whole.
Or you might say:

God loves dumb people
because He mad so many of them!

What do you mean by "here", Daniweb or the Geeks' lounge? If you're talking about the Geeks' lounge, it's because there are so many signaturespammers here, that a lot of the more interesting people decided to stop posting here.

Lucky for me I haven't posted lately, so no need for me to feel embarrassed.

firstPerson Could be that the intelligent people left because they were sick of arrogant rants from judgemental dimwits who cast aspersions on their intelligence. Bye bye

firstPerson Could be that the intelligent people left because they were sick of arrogant rants from judgemental dimwits who cast aspersions on their intelligence. Bye bye

Guilty Conscience ? Take it as it is. This thread was not out for you particularly, so don't flatter yourself.

In think there are two reasons for that
1) their age. 20 years ago people didn't start programming until they were at least yound adults and therefore had better research skills. Many people today start when they are young children, aged about 10 and the only thing they know is how to ask mommy how to go to the bathroom. Children of that age have been out of diapers only a couple years or so and are still trying to learn how to read/write their native language.

2) The internet. Why try to research for the solution to a problem when they can just post the question here (or on some other programming forum)? DaniWeb is to programming as a calculator is to math skills. If used too early in life they hinder rather than enhance the person's skills.

I wouldn't say that posters are "dumb"...

It's not a reflection of peoples' intelligence that they post questions that seem more like copies of their homework assignments than anything else.

It's not a reflection of peoples' intelligence that they refuse to do any research prior to posting questions that likely have been asked 5-10 times previously in DaniWeb, let alone being available in the first 3 Google results you'd get if you search.

What it is a reflection of, however, is the disturbing trend of laziness that seems apparent these days. People don't seem to have any interest in researching for themselves, putting effort into trying solutions before asking questions or, in fact, taking what answers they do get and filling in the blanks for themselves.

Granted it can be less than appealing to attempt to answer questions for people who seem to put no effort into their issue and expect things to be done for them... but it's not a reflection of their intellect, it's a reflection of their work ethic :twisted:

>>but it's not a reflection of their intellect, it's a reflection of their work ethic

True, but from experience, it seems that low intelligence follow bad work ethics, usually. Maybe the lack of ethics is the result from them not going through puberty yet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.