Member Avatar for Electrohead

What browser am I using?

Go on, have a guess!

That's right! I am posting this message through Internet Explorer 2! (thats 16 bit!)

Screenshots are coming soon... :lol:

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 38 Replies

Here are the screenshots!

looks pretty good actually. And no trouble with flash ads I see :)

looks like they have gone back to the stone age. I think I will stick with mozilla firefox...

What browser am I using?

Go on, have a guess!

That's right! I am posting this message through Internet Explorer 2! (thats 16 bit!)

Screenshots are coming soon... :lol:

Cheers

what i want to know is why would you want to go on the internet with something that is insecure and that probably has a ton of security holes?

- Dave

Most exploits are aimed squarely at holes in things like Javascript, ActiveX, and Flash.
All those are not available in IE2.
IE2 shows HTML and that's it. Javascript was I think introduced in IE3, plugins in IE3 or IE4.

Well for one, I only used it for a few minutes, and secondly, I wanted to see the net through the eyes of someone 15 years ago!

Cheers

15 years ago (sigh, has it been THAT long?) when we used IE2 (or Netscape 2 more often) you'd not have encountered sites using XHTML, Flash, Javascript (certainly nothing like now), CSS, PNG, Java applets, ActiveX controls, etc. etc.
Those just didn't exist :)
Try looking at sites like many Apache projects, Project Guthenberg, W3C, and sites creates for mobile devices. Those are close to what people were writing in those days, plain HTML with maybe a few simple graphics.

Well for one, I only used it for a few minutes, and secondly, I wanted to see the net through the eyes of someone 15 years ago!

Cheers

Wasn't it black and white back then? :D

Maybe! 15 years was a bit of a guess! :lol:

I used IE2 around 1993, so while 15 years is a bit long it's not that far off :)

Try using Lynx....that was 100% pure text mode.
I can open DaniWeb with that but I'm too lazy to browse the site using keyboard commands. :D

Hello,

HERE HERE to lynx! I enjoy using that browser when on dialup, along with pine, to read my email. QUick and texty.

I am also glad that Dani minimizes the DaniCrap on DaniWeb, so that you can use an older browser to work things here.

Christian

Hello,

HERE HERE to lynx! I enjoy using that browser when on dialup, along with pine, to read my email. QUick and texty.

I am also glad that Dani minimizes the DaniCrap on DaniWeb, so that you can use an older browser to work things here.

Christian

Used to Pine a lot, but the amount of HTML mails I get made me to change to another client. Now I'm happy with Mozilla Mail. ;)

That looks pretty awesome!!!!!!!

I was trying to find the original INTERNET EXPLORER (Version 1) for awhile but i coildnt get it to work!!

How did he do it?? When i tried to run even IE3 it said "Unable to run,a newer version is already installed"

Pretty interesting........

Yeah, this is pretty nifty nostalgia. Where'd you score a copy of that?

How'd you get IE2 on XP?

Thats what im wondering.......

Well,we all know that XP has a "compatibility mode" and maybe he used that to make it work,i dunno.....

Thats what im wondering.......

Well,we all know that XP has a "compatibility mode" and maybe he used that to make it work,i dunno.....

Yeah, but to run it in compatibility mode, you have to install it first. how'd you get it to install?

???????????????? (Maybe he didnt install it,maybe he just ran the EXE)

Would that work? I'm pretty sure doing that would throw up errors.

Im Doing It Through Ie 1.00 On Windows 3.11 Hahahahahah!

i was 2 years old 15 years ago. i didn't know what a computer was back then.

wow, that's way before my time, I only used IE3 and above.

Ok, have just figured out that a special version of IE5 is available for windows 3.11 yay!

Thats so true.........

How come on my 20mhz pc i can watch a video (yes, an avi file off a floppy disk!) , listen to music with creatives software, surf the net, do excel and play civilization II when my 1ghz machine barely runs office 2003

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.