I stumbled across this site while trying to get some information on Experts-Exchange's new policy. I had a lot of points racked up but I guess they are no longer any good. I am a 73 yr. old female and have been computing for about 10 years. I hope to be able to solve a few problems I am having here on this forum.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Just a welcome from another junior poster. Good to see you here. enjoy!

SunRunner.

Member Avatar for Electrohead

Welcome to Daniweb, from a Posting Whizz!

I am sure you will find this site as useful as I have.. Daniweb has helped me alot and hopefully it can do the same for you :D

Cheers

Thanks for the nice welcome. One of my first questions was going to be "why is my browser (Firefox and Internet Explorer) closing when I click on some links or type in a particular web site". Before posting I wanted to start off by going through the normal maintenance and clean up. While going through the Add/Remove program list I saw some things that I was not using so got rid of them. I then deleted some stuff through Explorer. When I was through I tried accessing one of the sites that was closing. It was a popular site, www.download.com. To my surprise it came up with no problem. Something on my system was preventing it from loading. Right now I am problem free, but I am almost hoping something will happen so I can post here and see what whizzes you guys are!

Bonnie

Hello Bonnie,

Welcome to DaniWeb. I hope that you have a pleasent stay here. I think you are the 4th or 5th Ham here on the site. I am thinking of doing some articles here concerning BPL and other little snippets.

Take care, and enjoy.

Christian

Thanks. I would be interested on hearing your views on BPL. We live in a rural area in NE California and have no access to cable. BPL seemed to be the answer but then we found out about the interference problem. My husband follows all the news on the ARRL site. Sure wish there was a way to keep everyone happy. We are going to have the option of getting satellite internet here this month.

73's
Bonnie

Hello Bonnie,

I will be writing next week a BLOG about BPL, and why it could be good, but more importantly, why it will be a disaster.

Christian

Will be watching out for that. It should be informative for those not familiar with BPL's downfalls.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.