Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to put this question over here, but I'm not sure where to put it, it, after all, is my 5th post overhere, and AFAIK - 1st started thread...

Well... to the point:

I noticed that, after I answered some member's question in a way it helped him (obviously with help of one other member, yet help was noticeable) all of a sudden I found I've earned 11 reputation points...

Can somebody explain, pretty please, how those points are summed up, can I add to my reputation points (it'll be too much, I know, but just out of curiosity...), when one can get reputation points and how much are reputation poinst/bad posts reports important inside a community?

Thanks in advance, and if for some reason this thread shouldn't be started in this forum, I'd kindla ask moderator to either delete it completely or move it to more appropriate place.

Thank you all...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>all of a sudden I found I've earned 11 reputation points...
That's a good thing. It means you were helpful and the person you helped was kind enough to give you good rep.

>how those points are summed up
Each user has a reputation power based on their own reputation. The higher the power, the more they can cause someone else's reputation to grow or shrink.

>can I add to my reputation points
No.

>when one can get reputation points
If you're helpful, or post something that someone agrees with, your chances of getting good rep are greater. The inverse is also true.

>how much are reputation poinst/bad posts reports important inside a community?
Most of us don't care. I like to read the comments attached to my rep, but for the most part I don't get rep from anyone with enough power to affect my own. Your reputation comes from how helpful/knowledgeable you are, not from how many green or red squares you have.

>if for some reason this thread shouldn't be started in this forum
Borderline, but I'd say this is a good enough place for your question.

Hi Narue,

Thank you very much... Now, the thing are clearer than before...

Obviously I have still a lot to learn...

Thanks again...

Thanks, glad to be here...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.