Hello everyone,

I'm a GIS student who sees that all the really good jobs want language skills- Java, C++, C#, Python, Java Script. Based on what I have seen, Java seems to be the most popular, with C++ a close second. I have decided to go with Java and will take classes this fall. I'm starting on my own to get a head start. Does anyone think that I should learn something else besides Java?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay :)

As for your language choices I think you're on the right track with java but I'd definitely hit up C++ as well because as you said, it's a great idea to have multiple languages under your belt.

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for your opinion. Should I learn them separately or try both at once?

That depends on you really... if you've got the focus and the time I'd say do 'em both at once but if you find you need to focus more directly when learning new things then take 'em one at a time.

Hello Harmons4, nice to meet you :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.