Hi there, im Carl, im from new zealand, am a baker by trade (due to finish my certificate as soon as i finish my last couple of books) but have always had a personal passion for computers and IT work, love setting up new systems, as well as tinkering with older pcs as linux webservers etc. (currently got my own website underway)
-
Currently buy cheap pcs n parts, upgrade them a bit n sell em on etc on trademe (new zealand version of ebay) making a bit of profit in the middle.
My pc im usin now i only built about two months ago,
-
am running an
MSI 770T-C45 (MS-7388) Motherboard,
AMD Athlon II X2 250,  3.00 GHz, 1024 KB FSB Processor,
8GB 1066mhz DDR2 Ram - (4GB Corsair Dominator Gaming Ram, 4GB Team XTreem Gaming Ram),
Ati Radeon HD 4650 1GB,
Dual 320 GB Seagate SATA 2 Hdd's + external 500GB iomega USB Hdd,
AeroCool Cyborg X Gaming Case,
Thermaltake X 480watt PSU,
21.5" Proview Widescreen LCD,
with a number of mods installed (fan controllers, lighting mods, front access panels etc)
-
Look forward to receiving and giving help on your guys forums where and when time allow :)

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Oh Yeah,
Im Male, 26yrs old,
married to a beautifull Malaysian (technically Iban) wife,
with a 4year old son Ronan, and 18mth old daughter Celine,
im into computers, linux administration, tinker in website design,
baking, cooking,
Fishing is something i really enjoy in summer on my little 3.5mtr boat,
love action movies, especially with Jean claude van damne, Raulph laundgren,
etc
and also enjoy growing Veges in the garden.
Spending time with my kids is also a high priority (end up in the dog box if i dont hahaha) but seriously, they need that bonding time. :)
my son is only 4 but already into computers, and hes already giving me a run
for my money in online games like Soldier of fortune, quake 3 arena etc.
Gaming is another big hobbie :)
thats about it for now! :)

Hi Carl, nice to meet you :)

Great to meet you Carl, nice to see someone putting more than a one-liner in their intro for a change :)

I may have missed it but what part of NZ are you from? I spent a short time in Wellington myself and loved it there.

im in hastings - hawkes bay lusiphur, sorry for the really delayed response,
my router died and have just bought a new one.. got a linksys router now.

Hey nice to meet you :) I love NZ coz its a nice quite and peaceful country :) Thanks for joining here with us. have fun!

Oh Yeah,
Im Male, 26yrs old,
married to a beautifull Malaysian (technically Iban) wife,
with a 4year old son Ronan, and 18mth old daughter Celine,
im into computers, linux administration, tinker in website design,
baking, cooking,
Fishing is something i really enjoy in summer on my little 3.5mtr boat,
love action movies, especially with Jean claude van damne, Raulph laundgren,
etc
and also enjoy growing Veges in the garden.
Spending time with my kids is also a high priority (end up in the dog box if i dont hahaha) but seriously, they need that bonding time. :)
my son is only 4 but already into computers, and hes already giving me a run
for my money in online games like Soldier of fortune, quake 3 arena etc.
Gaming is another big hobbie :)
thats about it for now! :)

:) hey there!
welcome to daniweb.

i'd love to go to NZ.
someday, somehow. Ϋ

Really kim? :) I'm planning to live there you know :)

Really kim? :) I'm planning to live there you know :)

:) wow! if ever you're living there already, can i visit you?

Sure thing! no problem :)

Sure thing! no problem :)

thanks! Ϋ

:) i'm looking forward to this.

yeah, me too :)

yeah, me too :)

:) ok dookey man!

Sure thing man :D hehe :D hey do you have YM? we can chat there if you want :) if its blocked don't worry you can use www.meebo.com or https://imo.im/ PM me your username :)

Sure thing man :D hehe :D hey do you have YM? we can chat there if you want :) if its blocked don't worry you can use www.meebo.com or https://imo.im/ PM me your username :)

i'd really like to but unfortunately all this other sites are blocked, too.
:( i'm afraid we have here the white list instead of black list for the access privileges.

Huh?? even meebo and imo??

Huh?? even meebo and imo??

:X definitely.

I'm Athur, a totally newbie to this community. Nice to see you all and great to be a part of the community. Hope to get help from you, thank!

SNIP

I'm Athur, a totally newbie to this community. Nice to see you all and great to be a part of the community. Hope to get help from you, thank!

SNIP

:) welcome to daniweb athur!

if your going to live in new zealand, may i suggest up north a bit, rain sucks here and below. Wellington is windy wellington, and christchurch down south is freezing. hehe, hawkes bay isnt to bad but has rained itself out just about this winter. hehe :)

hi athur pleased to meet you, hope i may be of assistance to you at some point.

if your going to live in new zealand, may i suggest up north a bit, rain sucks here and below. Wellington is windy wellington, and christchurch down south is freezing. hehe, hawkes bay isnt to bad but has rained itself out just about this winter. hehe :)

thanks for this. ~_^

wait? north rains alot? but I love the rain! :D thanks for the information, I hope we can get along :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.