;) Just to say "Hello" out there to all of you. I'm not used to chatting like this but find this site quite interesting. I do surf the net quite a lot though and that is probably why I will be posing a question for you at some time.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Welcome

Welcome

Hi Mr Cuzac
Thank you for your welcome. I too have Cool Search, C2Lop all the adware spyware malware on my laptop and it's driving me mad. Have tried all the recommended software i.e. Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware SE Personal. Registry Fix, Microsoft AntiSpyware. AntiSpyware Venus Fly Trap, Hijackthis, it's a wonder my laptop ever gets to boot up LOL but it does. All of the above can repair, delete etc. but it still comes back occasionally. It's still in there somewhere. I've also changed to Mozilla Firefox and changed from Microsoft Messenger to Trillian and it still appears when it fancies and occasionally changes the URL which I then change back again. So when I open the Laptop it takes me about half and hour to go through all the rigamarole of scans on all the software, don't laugh, I'm on the laptop most of the evening when I decide to use it. Short of chucking the thing out in the road and buying a new one (as they not so expensive now - I keep trying to find an answer. As far as I can recall it all stemmed from upgrading to Messenger Plus in June 2005. I uninstalled Messenger Plus and was landed with all this nonsense. Anyway I live in hope that someone might find an answer, save for doing the above and chucking it out. But I'm still smiling!!!

Welcome to the community! :)

Hi Mr Cuzac
Thank you for your welcome. I too have Cool Search, C2Lop all the adware spyware malware on my laptop and it's driving me mad. Have tried all the recommended software i.e. Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware SE Personal. Registry Fix, Microsoft AntiSpyware. AntiSpyware Venus Fly Trap, Hijackthis, it's a wonder my laptop ever gets to boot up LOL but it does. All of the above can repair, delete etc. but it still comes back occasionally. It's still in there somewhere. I've also changed to Mozilla Firefox and changed from Microsoft Messenger to Trillian and it still appears when it fancies and occasionally changes the URL which I then change back again. So when I open the Laptop it takes me about half and hour to go through all the rigamarole of scans on all the software, don't laugh, I'm on the laptop most of the evening when I decide to use it. Short of chucking the thing out in the road and buying a new one (as they not so expensive now - I keep trying to find an answer. As far as I can recall it all stemmed from upgrading to Messenger Plus in June 2005. I uninstalled Messenger Plus and was landed with all this nonsense. Anyway I live in hope that someone might find an answer, save for doing the above and chucking it out. But I'm still smiling!!!

Hello Ruby,

I had minimal success getting rid of Cool Web Search with both Spysweeper (evaluation) and CWShredder. But... It returned somehow. So, I am still looking for a solution. Let me know if you find anything that works. (SMILE) :lol:

- Mr Cuzac

Hi Ruby, we welcome you...

Yes Mr Cuzac - Sure will - it gets to the stage where I want to punch whoever it is that's created all these things lights out so to speak - brings out the aggression in me and I am a female!!! - but know doubt that's what maybe the people who created some of this want to achieve.

Anyway if I find a cure will let you know. Cheers.

Ruby

Hi Ruby, we welcome you...

Well Zeroth if that was a serious comment it's taking me about half an hour to remember Edmond Hilary was first ha ha!!! :lol: Or have I lost the plot :?:

Cheers!!

Hi Sam,

How you doing?

:)

Welcome ruby

Sahil

Respected Members,
Hello ! I am Manoj . I had did my Graduation in Information Science and very much intrested in Computers. Right now i am looking for a job in IT-Sector.

Thanking you,
Manoj

Hello to all :p
As i am new user to this portal so throwing my hands to all of u for FREINDSHIP. I am Manoj.

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.