merry meet,
I just keep getting e-mails from my friends and msn telling me that msn is not going to be free within the next 3 weeks it is said that once it is not free the green msn man will change to blue.Wondering if this is true or a hoax...

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Well, I have no idea.

...But if I was Microsoft, I'd sure as hell make people pay for it! Just look at the OBSCENE ammount of people who use it! Oh they'll pay for it!

On the color change, I like it the way it is. On a private note, the best version was 6.2. Who the hell needs any of the shit with the newer version. Not I! "Nudge" ...??!

I didnt get anything like that ...

It's a hoax, MSN will always be free.....people won't pay for it they will just use an alternative service. They make money through the adverts, it's simply a hoax.

It's a well known and rather old hoax.
Typically it's accompanied by "send this message to all your friends, MSN will not stay free unless this message is sent to 50 million people in the next 3 months" or something like that.
ALL such things are hoaxes.

Yea, people would simply change to ICQ, AIM, yahoo instant messenger if MSN charged for there messenger.

It's a well known and rather old hoax.
Typically it's accompanied by "send this message to all your friends, MSN will not stay free unless this message is sent to 50 million people in the next 3 months" or something like that.
ALL such things are hoaxes.

Yup it came in mail...Thanks for the info....

Yea, people would simply change to ICQ, AIM, yahoo instant messenger if MSN charged for there messenger.

The same hoax has been doing the rounds about those as well periodically :mrgreen:

msn messenger is always going to be free. those emails are just forwards. it's just like the emails that say if you don't forward you will be booted off of hotmail. it's all a scam to get email addresses for major corporations.

No, no "major corporation" is behind this.
It starts as a joke and then someone takes it seriously and starts sending it to several hundred people.
When that happens a few times it gains critical mass.

There is NO way for anyone to know who is getting that message unless they themselves sent it to you personally (and even then there's no way to know if you got it for sure).

But the whole of msn is basically gonna be shut down soon as we migrate to the new LIVE! system

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.