Where do you get your Avatars?

Recommended Answers

All 39 Replies

Who are you talking to? The forum comes with a selection of default avatars if you go into the User control panel?

Nice avatar by the way. DBZ used to be my favorite Anime. ^_^

I got my by fluke, as it related to my alias. Just found it once on a disk for some game or something.

I know that there are some in default, I was just wondering where everyone was getting some of the cool avatars that they had.

Ahh cool cool ... yeah, mine goes without explanation. It's me ;)

how come you guys have bold colored names? how many posts do you need to get thems?

how come you guys have bold colored names? how many posts do you need to get thems?

They are people that are moderators, admins, or colleagues.

Ahh cool cool ... yeah, mine goes without explanation. It's me ;)

you look nice :cheesy:

I was just wondering, what is it with the avatars? I have never used any in the forums that I sign up for. Just wondering if it is a way to express yourself or just something to do?

I was just wondering, what is it with the avatars? I have never used any in the forums that I sign up for. Just wondering if it is a way to express yourself or just something to do?

For s*&%s and giggles. :P

so close i made my new avatar and its 54386 bytes and the max limit for this forum is 55000 lol

How do you make an Avatar?

Not exactly what I wanted to know.
I was wondering how to MAKE an avatar, you know, a moving one. Like the one Joe has

Isn't it just an animated gif? There's plenty of animated gif tools available. Search google.

That more helpful? I'm not good at not being useless :P

'splosions yay!

Okay, thanks!

Nice avatar by the way. DBZ used to be my favorite Anime. ^_^

It's cool hey!

DBZ rulezzz...

for sure !

avatarz, I got mine from searching google with the magical word "avatar"

Found a picture, cut out the unnecessary bits, resized to 80x71, and hosted it on my website.

No one has guessed who it is yet...... :)

I just did a search on google for 'Animated gifs' and found this:-

http://www.animfactory.com/

Find the one you want and click 'edit'

You can now resize the image to 80*80 then right-click on it and save to your PC

insiccor i was told to ask you about flash and i was wondering how i get a flash movie on here?

insiccor i was told to ask you about flash and i was wondering how i get a flash movie on here?

Probably can't. The size of the avatar is limited to 55kB, too small for a flash movie. Besides, I'll bet the forum software only allows .GIF files or .PNG's.

I did it. see

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.