Howdy. I'm Smitty. I'm just happy to be here. Really. Long story short, I found out I have hep C the hard way (barfing massive amounts of blood, hospital stay.) I've got a good doctor but I'm in end stage, sucks to be me. I'm not looking for sympathy.
I really am happy to be here, or anywhere for that matter. I used to be in the business since the mid 80's. A+ certified back when it meant something, knew how to use debug to tickle hardware and scan software.
The reason I'm giving this boo-hoo background is because of my situation the old elevator does'nt go to the top floor anymore, so please be patient with what I'm sure are going to be semi-lucid posts at best sometimes.
All that stuff aside....aren't these neato jazzo times that are happening? I can't wait to see what's next.

Smitty

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

lol welcome Smitty. Nothing wrong with a little uniqueness & excitement. As an IT major working my way to my associate & A+ certification, I have to agree. My eyes have been opened and I am amazed by the technology that has been under my nose the whole time! I'm studying for my IT Associates, self-study for Network+, Security+ (after), Linux command line, C programming, HTML/XHTML to name a few things I've started. But good to have an ole' pro with us here! Welcome again!

Welcome to Daniweb Smitty, enjoy your stay with us. We wish you all of luck and goodwill.

Welcome to Daniweb Smitty, enjoy your stay with us. We wish you all of luck and goodwill.

Thanks for the goodwill. As for the luck remember there are two kinds of luck, and I fear mine has been the wrong kind of late.
On the bright side of things, is that a cafe racer? Back when I was a bit of a rouge, I had a 1973 HD XLCH bored and stroked. My friend with the 750 Ducati cafe racer used to leave me in the dust. I kept trying though.
Smitty

lol welcome Smitty. Nothing wrong with a little uniqueness & excitement. As an IT major working my way to my associate & A+ certification, I have to agree. My eyes have been opened and I am amazed by the technology that has been under my nose the whole time! I'm studying for my IT Associates, self-study for Network+, Security+ (after), Linux command line, C programming, HTML/XHTML to name a few things I've started. But good to have an ole' pro with us here! Welcome again!

Good deal, never cease to be amazed. Your future is so bright, you're gonna need sunglasses,

Hello Smitty, welcome DaniWeb:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.