ok now i just wanna find out if im the only sad person round here. my brother thinks i am cos of my taste in music.

this is who i like - tell me who you like...
Queen (got to be top of my list)
wet wet wet
U2
Franz ferdinand
the bodyrockers
iron maiden
AC/DC
Paul mccartney
rush
deep purple
abba
thin lizzy
goldfrapp
the darkness (justin hawkins especially)
status quo.
kraftwerk.

oh god the list just goes on.. these guys are all on my WMP:)
i leave it up to you guys now :lol:

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

Hi everyone,

I love queen too. My all time favourites are led zeppelin, bee gees,
the eagles and chicago.

From your list i don't think you are a sad person but someone that is old at heart aka old school like myself

Richard West

I've got many favorites, but currently:

Green Day ("Holiday" is the coolest song ever)
Maroon 5
Craig David
Ryan Cabrera
Simple Plan
Cold Play

hmm, from your list:

Queen
Paul mccartney
rush
abba
kraftwerk

with Queen and Rush borderline.

Then the big shots (in no particular order):
REM
Johnny Cash
Townes van Zandt
Cowboy Junkies
Toto
Genesis (during the Phil Collins era)
Garth Brooks
Tish Hinojosa
Compay Segundo
Enigma

What many people would think very weird as it's no hardrock or house, and most of the artists are either dead or retired.

All of the above and much, much more!

I dunno about 'sad person'. I suspect that people who describe others like that simply because of differing tastes in music are somewhat 'sad' themselves.

I know I'm an unusual person, because there isn't a single shred of music on any of my PCs. Instead, I have walls filled with shelves of music, and it only ever gets palyed through the home theatre system!

Earlier I was listening to Strauss. Right now I'm listening to Ice Cube, one of the artists on the excellent EMI set "Complete Urban"

ah, another person who values the real thing.
At home I have hardly any music on my PC as well (just a few things not available otherwise), and hundreds of CDs and records.

I have no cd's. It's all on my computer...

i also have walls full of music. i also down load a lot of stuff from bands own sites etc. least you guys dont think im sad. Catweasle i agree wit you on the fact that people think that one must be sad based on their taste in music or anything for that matter of fact.:D

I listen to a lot of different styles, but as a guitar player myself, I tend to focus on simpler, acoustic performers. I like music that "features" simple instrumentation and "interesting" vocals and wordplay. "Interesting" might mean a distinctive voice. I'm always trying to find some great "new" guitar player or singer, not only because I enjoy that type of music, but because I like one-upping my friends with my new "discovery". One such recent find was Martin Sexton.

I listen to a lot of different styles, but as a guitar player myself, I tend to focus on simpler, acoustic performers. I like music that "features" simple instrumentation and "interesting" vocals and wordplay. "Interesting" might mean a distinctive voice. I'm always trying to find some great "new" guitar player or singer, not only because I enjoy that type of music, but because I like one-upping my friends with my new "discovery". One such recent find was Martin Sexton.

know what you mean. i have an accoustic guitar myself and sometimes i find myself playing tunes by Dido. she's got quite a distinctive voice and i like her.

ok now i just wanna find out if im the only sad person round here. my brother thinks i am cos of my taste in music.

this is who i like - tell me who you like...
Queen (got to be top of my list)
wet wet wet
U2
Franz ferdinand
the bodyrockers
iron maiden
AC/DC
Paul mccartney
rush
deep purple
abba
thin lizzy
goldfrapp
the darkness (justin hawkins especially)
status quo.
kraftwerk.

oh god the list just goes on.. these guys are all on my WMP:)
i leave it up to you guys now :lol:

o yea Queen all the way :)

She's not talking about Queeny from the BlackAdder series, I think... :)
And I doubt the Franz Ferdinand she means is the old Archduke...
An Iron Maiden is a torture device, you're really into that stuff? ;)
You get a rush from certain illegal drugs.

hmm, maybe I misread you Janine?

She's not talking about Queeny from the BlackAdder series, I think... :)
And I doubt the Franz Ferdinand she means is the old Archduke...
An Iron Maiden is a torture device, you're really into that stuff? ;)
You get a rush from certain illegal drugs.

hmm, maybe I misread you Janine?

:lol: probably, depends on they way you've read into it. just to clarify though im talking about MUSIC.

Im not a big fan of black adder... dont really remember it the first time as I'm only 23.

old archduke.... eh?

i only torture people when they deserve it but then i just use my voice or a fist.:twisted: Seriously i'm not a violent person... i'm a teddy bear really (all big soft and cuddly)
illegal drugs.. oh no not me:lol:

oh and forgot to add... my mums friends brother is the keyboard player with enigma:)

I only like Tori Amos.

I was at a concert of hers a few weeks back and she looked at me--right at me--and I exhaled, and I saw her inhale--Um, sorry. Too much info.

sounds like you were getting over excited there :D

I only like Tori Amos.

I was at a concert of hers a few weeks back and she looked at me--right at me--and I exhaled, and I saw her inhale--Um, sorry. Too much info.

Hi girl,
I personally like that list , nothing wrong with it............except there's one band I would like to ad..........THE TUBES :mrgreen: !!!!!
My favourit band.
Cheers,
remi aka spooner.

Personally I think AC/DC is a bit sad, but I'll let you off the rest :D

To be fair, my list would be worse, most of the stuff I still like was written in the nineties, like Radiohead, greenday, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Underworld, orbital, Massive Attack. I don't have much time to listen to music these days, and rarely listen to new stuff, although am listening to Coldplay a bit at the moment cos I liked Speed of Light. Used to be a big Iron Maiden fan, back in my Heavy Metal phase, and sadly too listened to AC/DC :o

greenday aren't that bad. i dont like all their songs, only 'wake me up when september ends'.

i think radiohead and the like probably were (or are) the modern day equivalent of iron maiden and ac/dc.

HEY SOME1 MUST LIKE MY MUSIC.... AFTER ALL SOMEONE NICKED MY NOW DECADES CD FROM MY SHELF. I wont swear being this is a public forum but i think you might be able to imagine what i'd like to call the person responsible if i find out who it is.. ;-D

hmm...now lemme think.My faves have to be:

The Scorpions
Def Leppard
Alice Cooper
Cold Play
Collective Soul
Dream Theater <--Love them
Kenny G
Michael J. Ackson
Ugly Kid Joe

and I'm the kind of person who'll keep listening to the same old songs by the same bands. Jeez, I have GOT to try out new waters. Shakira, here I come (Arrrrghhhh).

hmm...now lemme think.My faves have to be:

The Scorpions
Def Leppard
Alice Cooper
Cold Play
Collective Soul
Dream Theater <--Love them
Kenny G
Michael J. Ackson
Ugly Kid Joe

and I'm the kind of person who'll keep listening to the same old songs by the same bands. Jeez, I have GOT to try out new waters. Shakira, here I come (Arrrrghhhh).

im gonna go and see alice cooper in london in november.

Linkin Park
Papa Roach
Limp Bizkit
Green Day ("Boulevard Of Broken Dreams")
Oasis
Gorillaz
SR-71 ("Tomorrow")
P.O.D

im gonna go and see alice cooper in london in november.

Cool. Have fun...
Update to my list:
Radiohead
Aerosmith
Cheap Trick
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls

Linkin Park
Green Day
P.O.D
Maroon 5 (She will be loved)
Bon Jovi

Linkin Park
Green Day
P.O.D
Maroon 5 (She will be loved)
Bon Jovi

Good taste, except for P.O.D!

Good taste, except for P.O.D!

agree.

guys theres nothing wrong in liking these rockstars..but dont be a die hard fan or anything..coz i dunno if any of these artists have told/done/preached anything truely good. and MOSTLY the superficial ones in real life get to become stars. i would be happy to know if theres any artist who genuinely does not belong this category.

guys theres nothing wrong in liking these rockstars..but dont be a die hard fan or anything..coz i dunno if any of these artists have told/done/preached anything truely good. and MOSTLY the superficial ones in real life get to become stars. i would be happy to know if theres any artist who genuinely does not belong this category.

Music lovers generally care only about the music. Also, if some person is a die hard fan, you really can't do anything about it. Let's not go about preaching our beliefs to others. If you don't like such music, please don't go on giving a sermon about it. Live and let live is what I like to say...

I can listen to all types of music, but I really like to listen to Hip-Hop and RnB. I can stand other music, but country drives me crazy. Never liked it, never will.

Music lovers generally care only about the music. Also, if some person is a die hard fan, you really can't do anything about it. Let's not go about preaching our beliefs to others. If you don't like such music, please don't go on giving a sermon about it. Live and let live is what I like to say...

i just said what i wanted to say..take it or leave it..its ur choice. dont try to act smart.

"great spirits always face opposition form mediocre minds"
- einstein

"great spirits always face opposition form mediocre minds"
- einstein

You took the words right out of my mouth...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.