I think that I'll go ahead and do that.

Hi,

I'm in East Hampton and we can all come back here for a swim afterwards.

Hey Roban! Are you the fella who followed me here from my post on Cre8asite?! :) Fancy meeting another Long Islander in the industry!

Hey Roban! Are you the fella who followed me here from my post on Cre8asite?! :) Fancy meeting another Long Islander in the industry!

Yep that's me. Nice site you have here. I'm looking forward to contributing.

Bud I sure hope that's a big pool you have :P

--
unless you're talking a beach party LoL, hmm...

*drifts into deep thoughts about how that would turn-out*

...as others have stated, depending on specific dates, I'll be there...

Okay my fellow geeks

we need a chat room like thsi one at www.goffal.com
so we can talk online. visit and tell me what you think...
if you want to try the chat room logg as alyce password freedom..

10,00 eh sounds like a central park bash, Jemb

I'm definitely able to chip in some money for a DaniWeb New York Get Together. I love the city and won't have any problem getting there; family is from Long Island (Garden City).

What's the date you're looking at?

:cry: Sorry,
For now i cann't even think of comin' to US.
:) But i would try my best to be there in future (after gettin' a job).
please accept my best wishes for ur get together party & the invitation to visit INDIA.
:mrgreen:

I would definatly go. NY is only about 2hrs away for me :) I like this idea.

While I would still love to go ahead with this, I'm not so sure it is in the near future. After leaving this poll up for somewhere near 7 months to see if I could get a general idea of how much interest there is, only a dozen people said they might be able to come.

I'm too poor to by a plain ticket from NC and my parents don't even trust me to drive 5 minutes away from our house.

So hasn't the get together happened yet?

Per post #45:

While I would still love to go ahead with this, I'm not so sure it is in the near future. After leaving this poll up for somewhere near 7 months to see if I could get a general idea of how much interest there is, only a dozen people said they might be able to come.

Just 12? Thats shame. I would think more members would live in NY.

Goes to show our forum's popular all over the world...

definitely up for it if i can get cash and somewhere cheap to stay. its quite expensive coming from the uk but will do my best

I live near albany...Is there any chance of a get together round here??

I wouldn't get too discouraged by the lack of responses here. With such a large and vast community, you can easily see 1000 attendees or more. I'm one of those 50,000 that gets on here every so often, but pretty rarely.

With Huntsville Car Scene, which is my web site and community of local car and bike enthusiasts, I've set up several polls. And the responses are almost never equivalent to the real life attendance. And this is pretty much the norm in the forum world--unfortunately. :confused:

Sometimes people are readily willing to jump on the bandwagon, but lacking to commit the day of the event. Or just the opposite, saying nothing, but then coming with a dozen of their friends. :eek:

A perfect example was HCS's first ever event. Loosely planned, not too well promoted, and we exceeded the highest attendance expectations by over 25%! :eek: I think a DaniWeb get together would be the same. ;)

I would think a well planned get-together will draw quite a few people from all over the US, and even the world. (Heck, Europe isn't but a 6-8hr flight away). I know I for one will be kicking myself for not being able to come.

In very rare instances is a "build it and they will come" philosophy successful. But in the case of community get togethers and events, it just seems to work. :cool: Good luck and mass email everyone!

A shame this couldn't have happened at the beginning of December last year - I was in New York attending the KongIsKing meet-up and the world premiere of King Kong itself... sadly all my spondoolicks for another overseas gathering has dried up for a long, long time :(

M.

I'll probably be in NY sometime in the upcoming spring... Must have lots of women for me to attend.

I would come but I live all the way in England sorry.

If that's the case, Davey is organizing a UK meet in another thread. :)

Yes, I would LOVE to meet the fantastic Danni, too! But, because I live in the UK, flying to New York (which is one of the place I would love to visit before I die) is not possible this year. Shame! Sorry Danni!! Hope it all goes well for you though!!

EDIT: Woops dont worry, posted but then noticed its an old thread

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.