So here's the thing.

At university we're a group of three dudes studying together (sort of). Everything started going well, taking notes and what not. But then they stopped and for a while they were asking me to send them mine, i indirectly refused by joking at how lazy they were. Now mid-year is approaching and i kept going with my notes. Recently i offered them to send them a couple of notes, and they never got back to me and now I am smelling something coming up, that at the end of the year they will ask me to send them all my notes. It seems they are counting on it.

And i think thats unfair because i busted my balls doing those notes, trying to understand them and they are doing nothing for the whole year and they will surely expect me to send those notes to them.

What would you geeks do? Please Help me.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Get some different friends.

commented: Yup +0

If you guys are planning to study together to the exams, it's in your interest to share the notes with them - maybe they will understand things that you didn't, and by sharing with them it will help you as well. I am speaking as someone who took notes for most of his B.Sc and shared them with his buddies. It helped me just as I just told you, and in later years there were courses that I couldn't take notes in (wasn't able to, two courses were on the same time etc') and my buddies took the notes and shared them.

If you guys are planning to study together to the exams, it's in your interest to share the notes with them - maybe they will understand things that you didn't, and by sharing with them it will help you as well. I am speaking as someone who took notes for most of his B.Sc and shared them with his buddies. It helped me just as I just told you, and in later years there were courses that I couldn't take notes in (wasn't able to, two courses were on the same time etc') and my buddies took the notes and shared them.

I don't think you you picked up on the problem, 3 Guys started studying together now 1 has been left to do the grunt work and that person is a bit ticked.I don't blame him! IMO once they opted out of the deal they are out. Next option as Happy Geek stated find new friends, preferably a tad bit more mature. Later---

> Recently i offered them to send them a couple of notes, and they never got back to me

Well, there is your answer then. If they ask, just don't get back to them.

Based on your description you have no obligation to give them anything. Lose the parasites and find new people to study with who can help you as much as you help them.

> As someone who only studied with other people in 1st year because she was bored and had finished the work already.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.