Has anyone here tried PureBasic by Fantasie Software?
I've tried their latest demo version and I am very impressed so far!
The help section could be improved though.
I tried a basic search (no pun intended) for 'PureBasic' on your site to no avail!

Just thought I'd enquire before I buy (soon I hope)

Zener

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Buy??? Why when Visual Basic 10.0 Express is free.

Buy??? Why when Visual Basic 10.0 Express is free.

Maybe I'm too old to learn an antiquated languge like VB (I remember the early versions only too well) or maybe I'm too young and too exited about learning a new language that serves my needs!
To each their own I suppose!
Zener

I agree with ancient, why buy if you can get vb10 for free WITH proper help and tons of sample code available.

Basic might help your basic needs for now but what if you need to start doing more complicated applications?

I agree with ancient, why buy if you can get vb10 for free WITH proper help and tons of sample code available.

Basic might help your basic needs for now but what if you need to start doing more complicated applications?

From what I've seen with PureBasic so far - it has been quite amazing! - my original question was about anyone else's experience of this language!
I have no affilliation with the developers bty

zener

Whether you use VB or PureBasic will depend on what you want to do with them. I know virtually nothing about PB except what I just read on their web site VB 2010 integrates well with all the other programming languages available in Visual Studio, that is, you can mix and match all the languages in the same program if you want to. There are many things that can be easily done in VB that are very difficult in other languages, such as providing Office solutions. But if you don't need all those whistles and bells then BP may be the better solution, and at 79 Euros its a lot less expensive too than the Professional edition of Visual Studio.

One advantage of PB is that the source code is portable to other platforms. VS is not portable.

Member Avatar for diafol

Gave it a quick look. Which DBs does it support? Couldn't see anything for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.