I'm currently in my first semester in law school, but I’ve decided I don’t want to be a attorney. So I’m going to drop out now before it’s too late and I’m $150k in debt.

Since middle school, I’ve had a strong interest in computers. I really enjoy fixing software problems and finding ways to use computers to make life easier. I'm the go-to IT guy for family, friends, and my dad's non-profit company. I read books about cloud computing and computer security for fun. I figure if I enjoy this type of thing, pursuing it as a career seems to make sense.

I also have a strong interest in productivity. I know this is kind of weird, but I enjoy revamping things to make them work more efficiently. I like working directly with people, and I'm a strong writer.

I graduated from college a couple years ago with a B.A in History and Political Science and a 3.8 GPA.

I've never enjoyed math or programming. So I don't want to go the programmer route. I prefer the “soft” side of tech, the “end-user” side, if that makes any sense.

So, my questions are:

1. What career paths should I look into?
2. What kind of education should I look into?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Options I’m aware of: (1) get certifications (2) take classes at a community college (3) MBA with concentration in Information Systems. Are there other options I’m leaving out?

Network and database management comes to mind that is closer to the "soft" side of IT.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.