I have found on the internet a tutorial that helps me create an abstract background. Is it a problem if I will use a slightly modified version (same colours, different size of the elements) of the tutorial to create a book cover?
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would suggest you contact a copyright lawyer and get some more info from them. They will be able to help you and keep it legal.:)

I suggest you contact the owner of the copyright of the tutorial. If you are going to base your work on someone else's work, you must at least acknowledge their contribution.

Well, it depends. I'm no lawyer, but I would say it's ok, but not exactly original. If the information on the tutorial is indeed common knowledge, it may not be illegal,but it wouldn't be unique.

Agree with everyone, but especially Kamatari's post. :) As an artist, it would've sucked to make a book cover out of a tutorial. :( But you may have circumstances so I also agree with the others that you should consult a lawyer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.