Hey guys, my name is Robert Scubelek, I've been lurking around these forums for a couple of weeks now, and have found more answers here than anywhere else on the internet, so I figured that its about time to become a member and try to contribute something.

I'm in the computer science program at Indiana University, but I'm transferring to Purdue University for the Fall 2011 semester, because they supposedly have one of the best computer science programs in the country (for my pocketbook anyway).

So far all I know is HTML/CSS, and a little bit of Javascript. Lately, at the suggestion of many experienced programmers, I've been teaching myself Python. I'm working on my first non-school-assigned program now, a basic unit converter, (the first program I've written thats more than 50 lines, woo!), and it's teaching me a lot about Python and about programming in general.

So hello to everyone! You've all already been amazingly helpful in my journey to become a bona fide computer scientist, and I look forward to learning all I can from you (and, of course, giving back to the community once I know enough to be helpful).

Thanks everyone!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb Robert (",)

Welcome.:)

Hi, I'm MikeKoenigs from NY. For the past ten years, I have been in Internet marketing & helping clients realize their potential on the World Wide Web, communicate effectively in the social networks.

Welcome to daniweb, good to know you are going into python, I am too and have been finding it interesting. Welcome

Welcome to Daniweb Robert :)

Hello everyone…
I am Herbert Peterson from the UK, I am new to this community. I came to know about this community some time ago. I am here to share my views and to gain information of different topics.
You have to turn off your application to reboot. No other option is there in android to reboot without turning off the application.

That's odd, Herbert. Your IP says you are from Maharashtra, India...

And what is all the Android stuff about???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.