Hey Everyone,

I've applied for grad school this coming Fall and would like to get your opinions on it. I'm currently working full-time at a software engineering company, and will be taking one to two classes per semester. Has anyone gone through a similar experience while working in the field? Was it difficult? Was it worth it?

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon

I didn't, but my boss did -- he got an MBA. Was it worth it? Definitely -- opened many doors for supervisory and department head positions, not to mention more $$$.

Edited by Ancient Dragon: n/a

>he got an MBA.
Would you suggest this over a professional masters in software? I really don't want to be in a managerial role to the point that I'm not touching the code on a day to day basis. Ideally, I'd love to get into research eventually - but without a PHD, I'm not sure how realistic that is.

The kind of Master's degree would be up to you -- get one in CS if that's what you want. Microsoft probably has lots of positions for people with masters and Ph.D.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.