Well , me historical hero is Annamayya.
His full name is Sri Tallapaka Annamacharya from INDIA.
He was the official songmaster of the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple.
He was one of the first few who opposed the social stigma towards the untouchable castes in his era,with his sankeertanas explaining that the relationship between God and human is the same irrespective of the latters' color, caste and financial status.
His choice of words gives a mellifluous tone to his songs, charming the listener. His prodigious literary career earned him a place among the all-time greats of Telugu literature.

Agree, India is a mystrious country, full of evil or god unexplanable things.

My hero is Nelson Mandela from South Africa

Henry Ford

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it."

My sister -- she is still alive but I've always looked up to her as if she were a Goddess.

I have an elder sister also and she sets a good example for me but i don't think her age can be considred historical.

My sister's age can :)

Henry Ford

unfortunately, he was an anti-semite who even published a newspaper for 8 years that would rant on and on about the 'Jewish' conspiracy.

And yet, he was about the only industrialist who hired blacks and was never accused of discriminating against Jews. The paper also published articles that specifically condemned pograms and violence against Jews and refused to contribute money to the Nazis but his is the only American name mentioned in Mein Kampf - Hitler revered Ford.

A complex man who had who had his head in the skies but had feet of clay.

OMG. I was brosing the web and saw the news about OBL death. Apparently there is a fan club about him and one of his fans said that his historical hero is OBL and other terrorists. What do you guys think about him

OMG. I was brosing the web and saw the news about OBL death. Apparently there is a fan club about him and one of his fans said that his historical hero is OBL and other terrorists. What do you guys think about him

There are two other threds about him. Lets not clutter up DaniWeb with more.

Lenin. He tried to create something good and Stalin destroyed it.

Someone's hero is usually another person's enemy or scoundrel. Historically speaking I would like to mention Richard the Lion Heart, also known as Richard I, King of England, further known as Duke of Normandy, Duke of Aquitaine, Duke of Gascony, Lord of Ireland, Lord of Cyprus, Count of Anjou, Count of Maine, Count of Nantes, and Overlord of Brittany.

His Muslim counterpart, Saladin would probably not approve. Furthermore Richard was clearly antisemitic and responsible for the death of many Jews in England during his reign.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther and florence nightingale

Member Avatar for Falcon25

Mine would probably be Alan Turing for helping crack the Enigma Code and helping us fight off the Nazis, him or Paul Dirak or Winston Churchill. One of them three.

my historical hero is Alexender the Great

Walt Disney and Arnold Schwarzennegger. But not because of their personal beliefs or their politics. What I admire is that in spite of all the people who repeatedly told them "You can't do it", or "It can't be done", they just went ahead and did it anyway.

ashin. mayday. their songs inspire me live , work. play happily. not to waste our youth/ ❤

Mahatma Gandhi , father of the nation in my country.

Totally agree with you. He was a greatest man on the planet. Nobody can compare to him.

Joan of Arc

It is a decent choice, too.
As for other European/American/Russian "heroes" -- I can't recall anybody.
Maybe only Thomas Jefferson and Stolypin (a Russian prime-minister in early 1900s,
he was killed (shot) by "communistic" terrorists, in a Kiev's Theater).

Ramana Maharishi (? - 14.04.1950)
I had learned about him (and his teachings) in 1980s,
from a Soviet book titled "The current Indian philosophy".

hahaha... just recalled...
You can't imagine to WHAT DEGREE Indian movies were popular in the USSR.
It was really an INCREDIBLE popularity =)

I have to say Joan of Arc.

Quid-e-Azam, a national hero of Pakistan.

WOW - Aia, interesting person - is there any mention of him not in the Book of Mormon?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.