I got a file from a friend that was split up (i assume by hj split). I used HJ split to join the files back together, but i have no idea what to do with the joined file, it's not a .bin, .cue, .iso, or a RAR, WinZip file either, when i look at properties to see what kind of file it is, i just says Filetype: File. If anyone has seen this or anything like it i'd appreciate any help or suggestions. Pretty frustrating to sit at the computer for 3-4 hours and still be stumped.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

it sounds like it's missing an extention. You could try adding a few, and see if any work.

so i should try adding .bin, or .iso to the filename?

Uh huh

i tried adding .ISO, and .bin to the filename and it still isnt' working....extrememly frustrating

I got a file from a friend that was split up (i assume by hj split). I used HJ split to join the files back together, but i have no idea what to do with the joined file, it's not a .bin, .cue, .iso, or a RAR, WinZip file either, when i look at properties to see what kind of file it is, i just says Filetype: File.

How large is the file? Also you can try the freeware Hex Editor XVI32 to read the beginning of the file and see what the header is.

thanks for all the help, i figured out what teh problem was...i didnt' need to compact the files into one big file, opening the first small file with Win Rar opend all the files..thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.