What i meant is that when will all the living things or earth perish including us. About the four riders, i do not know what you mean

Sorry i believe i should have used the term "Horsemen" like this.

Ok, thanks frogboy77, now i get what you mean. But what about other

Like, ... four humours... four f*** sakes...

you'll have to ask the welsh guy.

You mean ardav. I did not know he was a welsh. By the way what race are you, frogboy77. i am a singaporean

The earth will end in fire. Everyone now knows that our Sun will exhaust all energy and go super nova some day, and when that happens the Earth and all other planets will burn to a crisp.

I know what you mean ancient dragon. But why fire and maybe now water. For the sun to die out and explode it will take a very long time. Some say even a few million years later. What i mean is how living organism will perish but not earth. the earth still remain intact but everyone will die. Why not water, japan is now at the mercy of nature. Maybe some day, the icebergs will all melt and the water will cover the whole land of earth. Do you think it is possible in a few years time

Member Avatar for diafol

> Like, ... four humours... four f*** sakes...

Just a childish play on words royng. Everything seemed to be centring around the number 4.

:) Four means death, is that what you mean. HAha

Which element do you think will destroy earth. I support water since there are a constant flooding and tsunami kept occurring. Japan had lost 10% of its population to natural disaster

Which element do you think will destroy earth. I support water since there are a constant flooding and tsunami kept occurring. Japan had lost 10% of its population to natural disaster

that doesn't destroy the world, as in making it disappear :)

Eventually the world will likely be destroyed as it's absorbed by the expanding sun when it enters pre-nova stage.
That's the end of it.

Possibly before that the Death Star will come by and use its big gun, but I seriously doubt it.

Its more likely humanity will die out due to our own carelessness than due to nature. Baring some freak of nature like an asteriod collision, a global nuclear war is the most likely way we will become extince.

Member Avatar for diafol

I quite like the thought of our distant descendants all deciding to top themselves due to their immortality. They will have suffered everything possible to suffer, they will have enjoyed everything possible to enjoy, making life tedious and meaningless. Perhaps by then, humans will make a pact to self-terminate at a particular time, thereby sterilizing the universe from our taint.

Very true. As Ancient stated, we will probably be the cause of our own extinction, maybe before 2012... My motto, drink as much as you can, watch as much sport as you can before 2012, just in case!:)

I know this is a serious thread, but so is all other natural disasters...

watch out for the hyperspatial express route

Maybe scientists will find a cure to old age and everyone will be immortal. The idea sounds nice but it is impossible, i think. About how the world will end, i think it will be in 2012, maybe due to human mistakes. So it seems that we have one more year to live, gentlemen

The earth will end in fire. Everyone now knows that our Sun will exhaust all energy and go super nova some day, and when that happens the Earth and all other planets will burn to a crisp.

er, actually it will end as a white dwarf and slowly fade away - no blaze of glory for us.

That is what everyone said GrimJack. But that will take a few billions years later to happened. Mostly humans beings will destroyed one another to gain something they want.

Global warming rules. Soon later, all the icebergs will melt due to the heat and the whole earth will be covered in water. Atlantis 2, think about it may happened soon

er, actually it will end as a white dwarf and slowly fade away - no blaze of glory for us.

What is that link to? My computer (Windows 7) doesn't know what it is.

Funny mine did(also windows 7). It's a lifetime scale of the sun sort of thing.

My system tries to download the file Solar_Life_Cycle.svg. I get the option to either save it or Find a program that knows how to read it. I suppose there must be some program that I need to install that knows how to read it.

I am complete computer newcomer so i would be surprised if i have managed to download something that would help me, i just clicked it!
Perhaps it's the browser (i'm running Chrome).

The link only shows the the life cycle of the sun and how the sun will end its lifespna, like what frogboy has said . I am running google chrome and i am able to see the image

What is that link to? My computer (Windows 7) doesn't know what it is.

Sorry, I posted the direct link to image here is wiki-location
. Actually Earth will be enveloped when Sol goes red giant since Earth's orbit will be approximately the surface of the sun.

Nice and interesting article you posted. I don't think I will be around when that happens though.

Global warming rules. Soon later, all the icebergs will melt due to the heat and the whole earth will be covered in water. Atlantis 2, think about it may happened soon

Well, I did bring this up a while back. Essentially most of the water in the northern hemisphere is stored in/on the Greenland glaciers and so the melt will affect the north Atlantic first and the Eastern seaboard of North America the most (due to Coriolis) - it will take more than 50 years to get to the Pacific.

A quick look at the Thermohaline circulation of the Atlantic will explain why the melt stays in the Atlantic (see image) - the red is warmer, surface water currents and the blue is deep-water, cold currents. Notice that the only access to the Pacific is through the Bering Straight, explaining why there are no icebergs in the Pacific. The odd currents in the southern hemisphere will slow the movement of Antarctic melt into the Pacific.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.