Do you agree that a student's life is hell and there are a lot of assignment to do. Or you think that a job is even more tiring.

Recommended Answers

All 116 Replies

Student life hell???? HaHaHaHa. Wait until you have to actually work for a living. Your time in college is only the bare beginning.

I'm guessing you've never had a job. Hell, are you kidding me?

royng,

According to your profile, you're in HIGH SCHOOL, not even college. You don't have any business voting in this poll since you have nothing to compare school to.

Personally, I HATED high school, but it had nothing to do with the assignments being hard. It was all the other crap that seems fairly unimportant now, but boy it seemed important at the time (getting a date for Homecoming, getting invited to the right parties, not losing a wrestling match in front of everyone, not having a car, acne, my dad embarrassing me in front of my friends, etc.). I guess it seemed like hell at the time, but looking back, it was pretty damn easy compared to being an actual adult.

I didn't realise you had to be in college to be recognised as a student.

royng,

Upon reflection my last post may have been a little harsh. Sorry about that. Edit option expired. Anyway, you can vote as you please, not that you needed my permission. My point was that IMO, one needs to get a little older and more experienced before one gains a good perspective on what is hard and what isn't. I should have phrased it differently.

Is ok. Anyway in high school, new assignment always seem to pop out after one another, i did not have ample sleep, thus i considered school life hell. About a job i still have around 10 years or more, so i can't experience the hardship of being an adult feel.

There are five person who posted but only 3 votes. Can i make it compulsory for every one to vote

First thing, Our life can't be hell if you stop looking at it as hell, In your life, you can't Skip Actions when you are wise enough to attract corporate asses, you gotta be corporate slave.

Life isn't hell, depends on the choice you make.

There are difficult decisions to make in life and both choices you picked will be hell to you. I am already looking at the brighter side but in truth it is still hell to me

There are difficult decisions to make in life and both choices you picked will be hell to you. I am already looking at the brighter side but in truth it is still hell to me

Hell yeah, hell will be heaven soon brother ;), Everything's going to be Alright :)

You haven't lived long enough to judge one way or another what hell is. Have patience ..

... you can vote as you please

What the hell, how can he vote, is till a minor. :twisted:

What do you mean i am still a minor?

He means you dig holes in the ground :)

Oh, i see. Have you vote crunchie. I hop you can vote and see what you think

Student life is heaven, compared to all the assignments in real life you still going to do once you start with work and earn your living. Kick ass now while you still at school, and rise above the average, it will make your working life a tiny bit easier.

i did very well in my studies in school, do you mean i will have a higher job in future and be less tiring. My father keep on complaining about his job, he is an engineer. he did not do well in school in the past thus he job i slow ranking and have a lor of project to do. He keeps on say that he is looking forward to retirement. Bye i have to sleep. My time here in this region is already 20:23

Kids must go to bed early.:zzz:

No, doing good in school is no guarantee for a better working life, and the other way around as well. Being positive (kicking ass) is a better guarantee, is the only way to cope now and later when your working, where life is in the fast lane, and your working assignments become your life.

What am I saying? Just be positive in doing your school assignments now, and do them to the best you can, as that will prepare you for when you do assignments in real life to keep yourself living.

Damn, I wish I followed this advise.

Member Avatar for diafol

Student life is pips. You go to parties, get drunk, get laid, get stoned, get grades (or not), get to meet weird people. Work life is a mixed bag. THis is the time when your life goes down the crapper. You start a family in the middle of paying back your outrageous student loan. Those carefree days seem a long time ago now. Nobody told you they'd come back to bite you on the posterior. Anyway, like I said, you have a family, so now you are the most insignificant speck on the biggest pimple on the backside of mankind. Your kids have turned into yobs, your wife berates you for breathing and your relatives all start dying from various ailments. Then you find your central heating's packed up and left the building. WTF?! £3000? for what? 3 hours work? Well that's the summer vacation down the Swanee. You do down the club to drown your sorrows and find you can no longer hold your ale. Your mates laugh at you. You really ARE a joke.

And this is all before you turn 40. I can expect another 25 years of this before I retire. Retirement, sounds like that thing they were all fighting for in Logan's Run. Anybody here actually made it yet? I reckon it's a big con - the big worm on the hook to make you work for as long as possible before you buy a motorbike in a fit of mid-life crisis and top yourself unintentionally.

Ancient Dragon has already retired. Many of you complain that students life is already heaven compared to a work life, which to you is hell. Well maybe try to be positive or look forward to retirement early

No, doing good in school is no guarantee for a better working life, and the other way around as well. Being positive (kicking ass) is a better guarantee, is the only way to cope now and later when your working, where life is in the fast lane, and your working assignments become your life.

What am I saying? Just be positive in doing your school assignments now, and do them to the best you can, as that will prepare you for when you do assignments in real life to keep yourself living.

Damn, I wish I followed this advise.

It is not too late to follow this advise right?

Ancient Dragon has already retired.

Yup :) I'll give you one guess as to who voted "Retirement is the best"?

It is not too late to follow this advise right?

For me, I cannot get my school years back,(for that it's too late for me) but I follow this advise now,and if I folowed it earlier, I could have become succesful quicker, not wasting years, and for you, no, it is not too late.

Yup :) I'll give you one guess as to who voted "Retirement is the best"?

[Retired USAF (SMSgt, 1982), and retired computer programmer (C and C++).]

lol@ term 'Retired' computer programmer, Veteran.

So, ancient dragon since you have retired can you tell us what retirement feels like and what do you do? Just curious since i have about 50 years before i retired

Retirement -- go to sleep when I want to, wake up when I want to. No schedules to keep, no one setting unreasonable deadlines. Do what I want when I want.

By the time you are old enough to retire the wold will be a lot different than it is today. How knows but by then people may never grow old.

I had WAY too much fun in college. Which is the reason i didnt graduate....
Having a job is much harder... but much more rewarding, and gives instant gratification via paycheck. haha. Paying my rent is much more of a motivator than getting good grades on a final.

From your profile ancient dragon, it seems that you have a pet dog. Can tell me more about your dog. I am interested in pets. When you start to work, you have to buy a house, get a wife. Everything requires money, in school everything requires good grades

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.