I must be missing something. I see no reference to a canine in AD's profile.

When you go to ancient dragon profile click his avatar you will see ancient dragon and a dog on his lap

College seemed tough at the time, and in many ways I wouldn't want some of that pressure back, but really I'd give anything to be back to the good times. I'll take the wisdom I've gained in the (runs hand over my mouth to conceal the number) years since I've been out, though, and I'll be golden.

The only thing in high school, i like is the long holiday break and the library

When you go to ancient dragon profile click his avatar you will see ancient dragon and a dog on his lap

Well look at that. All these years I have been here and I didn't know you could do that :).

Yes one is Ancient and the other is a cute little fire breathing Dragon :)

...Paying my rent is much more of a motivator than getting good grades on a final.

and paying for many more things you can, can be motivators :)

Retirement -- go to sleep when I want to, wake up when I want to. No schedules to keep, no one setting unreasonable deadlines. Do what I want when I want.

By the time you are old enough to retire the wold will be a lot different than it is today. How knows but by then people may never grow old.

You don't feel "ignored" by people at least sometimes?

Well look at that. All these years I have been here and I didn't know you could do that :).

Now you know and is never too late to learn

i like job life better than student life

Can you tell us why mictom?

From your profile ancient dragon, it seems that you have a pet dog. Can tell me more about your dog. I am interested in pets. When you start to work, you have to buy a house, get a wife. Everything requires money, in school everything requires good grades

I won't hijack this thread by talking about my dog (and cat too).

commented: :) +0

To NOT make your life a living hell, try to find a job that interests you, not find a job that pays well. You'll live better and will not consider life as "hell". Life should never be considered that, it just makes our ancestors look like they planned wrong for the future of humanity.

I won't hijack this thread by talking about my dog (and cat too).

Ok, can you send me a PM about it

To NOT make your life a living hell, try to find a job that interests you, not find a job that pays well. You'll live better and will not consider life as "hell". Life should never be considered that, it just makes our ancestors look like they planned wrong for the future of humanity.

I have try to make my life less miserable, by playing games, going for exercise also reduce stress. Posting in Daniweb is my hobby!

Ok, can you send me a PM about it

The way I read AD's reply was "I do not wish to talk about it."

Posting in Daniweb is my hobby!

We have noticed.

I see a lot of rather sick retired old folks in my line of work. I would say
retirement is hell

I see a lot of rather sick retired old folks in my line of work. I would say
retirement is hell

Yeah i agreed with you that old folks tend to fall sick easily. But if you stay healthy, you could minimise the risk of getting cancer and disease. When you retired, you could do whatever thing you want, that beats the life of student. :)

>>When you retired, you could do whatever thing you want

Yea -- right. And if you believe that I have some shares in the Golden Gate Bridge that I'll gladly sell you.

So far in the poll, i like job life better than student life is leading the way. I feel that student life is ok for me, maybe it is because i am able to cope with what is the teacher saying in class, and i score very well for my tests so maybe that ease the pressure of student life. Retirement is second in the lead, and from that fact i can tell may of you here are retired. Right?

student life was golden time period of my life...

I didn't realise you had to be in college to be recognised as a student.

The term "student" is traditionally reserved ONLY for those attending institutes of higher education, meaning universities.

And that's the only thing I'll ever apply it to. Calling college kids, let alone highschool kids "students" is just plain wrong.

>>When you retired, you could do whatever thing you want

Yea -- right. And if you believe that I have some shares in the Golden Gate Bridge that I'll gladly sell you.

yah, tell that to my parents.
All the time in the world.
To sit in waiting rooms for doctors that is.

Income drops like a stone, just when your healthcare bills pile up.

I'd go crazy in retirement, personally. I can't imagine not having a job, or something to "get done" every day for more than a month.
More power to those that can enjoy that sorta life.... I just get bored, and lose my sense of purpose when i sit and rot away for too long.
You can only collect so many star trek comics, and pick up so many hobbies before you get bored.

students include kids from ages 4 to 104. Anyone attending a school is a student. Strictly speaking, other people are often students as well, such as those attending one-time technical training courses.

I'd go crazy in retirement, personally. I can't imagine not having a job, or something to "get done" every day for more than a month.
More power to those that can enjoy that sorta life.... I just get bored, and lose my sense of purpose when i sit and rot away for too long.
You can only collect so many star trek comics, and pick up so many hobbies before you get bored.

I agree. I retired, and a week later I got another PT job to keep from getting so bored. And that is one reason young people have a difficult time finding employment -- too many old people still working, and its only going to get worse as our population ages. You can thank moderm medicine and great medical doctors for that.

Lol sucks for most young people who aren't adequate. You've gotta market yourself so that companies believe that they NEED you. And then prove to them that they DO.

I'm 22. College dropout. I have two jobs, one part time "just for fun" and one programming job, where I'm an asset to the company. Any old dude with programming experience could do this job, but clearly, i did something different. Lol.

Not to sound cocky... But i have a TON of friends who graduated college with high honors, etc. and went back to waiting tables and working minimum wage retail jobs because they can't market themselves well.

Bummer.

But you're more likely to get a job if you have the ability to meet demand and stay one step ahead of everyone else. So I dont mind.
Less jobs for young people means that I've got the benefit and the "one step ahead" on my generation as long as i can continue to rock the socks off of all my employers. ^_^

commented: Glad to hear there are still young people with lots of ambition :) +0

Lol sucks for most young people who aren't adequate. You've gotta market yourself so that companies believe that they NEED you. And then prove to them that they DO.

I'm 22. College dropout. I have two jobs, one part time "just for fun" and one programming job, where I'm an asset to the company. Any old dude with programming experience could do this job, but clearly, i did something different. Lol.

Not to sound cocky... But i have a TON of friends who graduated college with high honors, etc. and went back to waiting tables and working minimum wage retail jobs because they can't market themselves well.

Bummer.

But you're more likely to get a job if you have the ability to meet demand and stay one step ahead of everyone else. So I dont mind.
Less jobs for young people means that I've got the benefit and the "one step ahead" on my generation as long as i can continue to rock the socks off of all my employers. ^_^

+

:)

I think laziness is the Achilles heel of the western world, everyone expects everything for nothing, jobs, wages.. etc

Back to the topic of the thread, I feel that I should add what John Stuart Mill said, that is:

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, are of a different opinion, it is because they only know their own side of the question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.