Member Avatar for diafol

At least my post was tongue in cheek. You guys should all run to the nearest gas oven and stick your heads in. Talk about depressing. Sheesh.
Student (uni/college definition) is so easy. You study what interests you - noi endless compulsory subjects (well not too many anyway). Girls find you attractive after a few beers. Awesome. Beer finds you attractive and you know your so dog-damned attractive with your best buddy, the beer, inside you.

Post uni, yeah life is harder, but c'mon guys, if you forget how to have fun, you're just taking somebody else's oxygen, right? You have the life you allow yourself. Yeah bad things happen, but just get on with it.

Not all retirees are sick. Each phase has its upside. You just need to concentrate on living life instead of just enduring it.

I got tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters in Cardiff next month - now that's what I call living!

At least my post was tongue in cheek. You guys should all run to the nearest gas oven and stick your heads in. Talk about depressing. Sheesh.
Student (uni/college definition) is so easy. You study what interests you - noi endless compulsory subjects (well not too many anyway). Girls find you attractive after a few beers. Awesome. Beer finds you attractive and you know your so dog-damned attractive with your best buddy, the beer, inside you.

Post uni, yeah life is harder, but c'mon guys, if you forget how to have fun, you're just taking somebody else's oxygen, right? You have the life you allow yourself. Yeah bad things happen, but just get on with it.

Not all retirees are sick. Each phase has its upside. You just need to concentrate on living life instead of just enduring it.

I got tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters in Cardiff next month - now that's what I call living!

Do you have any spare tickets for me ardav. I can't wait to have a break from school life. i agreed with JamieLynnSEO, nowadays people tend to live longer and young people are unemployed. I don't know how ' bright ' my future will be if my career have to be competed with old people.LOL:D

Yeah i agreed with you that old folks tend to fall sick easily. But if you stay healthy, you could minimise the risk of getting cancer and disease. When you retired, you could do whatever thing you want, that beats the life of student. :)

I bet you lack freedom.

You can say so, i have a vey strict parents

You can say so, i have a vey strict parents

And that is not a bad thing. Better than letting kids run riot like so many parents do these days.

I think they limit my freedom is for my own good.

Sorry, i accidentally post two posts. But why do you think they children should have limited freedom some parets disagree on that

And that is not a bad thing. Better than letting kids run riot like so many parents do these days.

Neither is it a good thing, it usually dashes hopes of the kids, and the kid might rebel.

Work sucks. Studying sucks. Playing music rocks! I speak as a 60+ year old geek who also plays bluegrass mandolin... :-)

Work sucks. Studying sucks. Playing music rocks! I speak as a 60+ year old geek who also plays bluegrass mandolin... :-)

YOu also spoke as an experienced daniweb poster

I took my Little Brother to see the Globetrotters at the old Boston Garden some years ago, when he was 12 or 13. Boy was he thrilled! He got a whole bunch of autographs. I saw them before in the 1950's with my dad in Nebraska, when Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlin and Meadowlark Lemon were playing - that was also such a thrill! So, have a great time - these are great entertainers, and athletes.

commented: Nice one. Can't wait! +0

I have never been there before, and i hope to go there. Is there a website to the things, that should where is the venue and the price of ticket?

Thanks rubberman. Are you going this time

No. Too much other stuff on the agenda. I'm chairperson of an IEEE network in the Chicago area and that, along with my music (playing in a bluegrass band), and consulting practice takes most of my time.

Well, you have a very bright future as the chairperson but a very busy one too. Good luck You must enjoy your life when you had the chance

Lol sucks for most young people who aren't adequate. You've gotta market yourself so that companies believe that they NEED you. And then prove to them that they DO.

I'm 22. College dropout. I have two jobs, one part time "just for fun" and one programming job, where I'm an asset to the company. Any old dude with programming experience could do this job, but clearly, i did something different. Lol.

Not to sound cocky... But i have a TON of friends who graduated college with high honors, etc. and went back to waiting tables and working minimum wage retail jobs because they can't market themselves well.

Bummer.

But you're more likely to get a job if you have the ability to meet demand and stay one step ahead of everyone else. So I dont mind.
Less jobs for young people means that I've got the benefit and the "one step ahead" on my generation as long as i can continue to rock the socks off of all my employers. ^_^

You are really right about the part, marketing yourself. :) Kudos.

Well, yes he is right about that. This is an employer's market, meaning that programmer's today are a dime a dozen. If you don't know how to market yourself you will be flipping hamburgers ar McDonalds or bussing tables at restaurants for many years. That deree you get from college is no guarentee you will get gainful employment in your chosen field of study. I know people with Masters and Ph.D. who are out of work.

Yeah, i agree with you. Nowadays it is not about having more brains or certificates. You have to convince the boss to hired you and why?

Lol I work as a programmer, but a few years ago i was desperate for a job and got REJECTED from McDonalds. it was horrifying. They wouldn't hire me because they claimed i was "too qualified." um, what? hahaha.

Lol I work as a programmer, but a few years ago i was desperate for a job and got REJECTED from McDonalds. it was horrifying. They wouldn't hire me because they claimed i was "too qualified." um, what? hahaha.

Common experience. They (correctly, usually) assume you won't stay in the job one second longer than absolutely necessary, thus any time and effort invested in training and coaching you will likely not turn a profit, hence they won't hire you.

Which of course exposes the fallacy of governments trying to force people with higher education who can't find a job into unskilled labour or loose their benefits, as they can't get those jobs anyway.

commented: Agreed +0

It is true... I wouldn't stay there longer than necessary. No one would.

Member Avatar for diafol

REJECTED from McDonald's?! Christ, some of our outlets in Cardiff are stacked with PhD students trying to make ends meet (or should that be meat?). Mind you they tend to be the ones within walking distance. The out of the way ones are full of amoebae in uniforms. Reminds me of the guy in Ed,Edd and Eddy - "Chick-eeeeeeennnnnnnsssss".

I usually find the staff helpful, intelligent, patient, well trained, masters of the English language and extremely professional.

Hey Frogboy, isn't it difficult to speak when your tongue is so stuck in your cheek? :lol: :-)

My tongue is in my cheek because i'm trying to remove a piece of 100% beef (probably fillet or sirloin) from my recently eaten big mac.

ROFL! Then it's probably a good thing I'm a vegetarian! I only need to pick the fries out from between my teeth when I eat at Mickey D's.

Is being a vegetarian's life hell or meatatarian ? LOL:D

Is being a vegetarian's life hell or meatatarian ? LOL:D

no such word as "meatatarian", vegetarian = herbivore:) i assume "meatatarian" as carnivore, but aren't we humans? Which eats both vegetables and meat (Omnivore)? Balance is the key.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.