I find that coding to 'lounge' is pretty cool. It really makes you "plug in", music that's repetitive I find makes me concentrate more. Funny enough, some metal bands have a cool sound that makes me reach the same, state of mind, if you know what I mean...

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Metal for sure! Protest the hero, Chimera, black dahlia murder, etc.

Metal/metalcore/(other sub-genres, blah blah blah)

Newer: As I Lay Dying, Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Disarmonia Mundi, In Flames

Older classics: Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Testament, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Queensryche

all great bands, ezzaral! haha :) \m/

I prefer Norther, Amon Amarth, Rhapsody of Fire, Kalmah, Children of Bodom, Eluveitie, Wintersun, Turisas, Insomnium, In Flames (Only the older stuff), Ensiferum, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, uhmm... Blind Guardian.. Yep that's my bands...

Umm... Bach, Thelonious Monk, that sort of thing. I'm a musician, I need something chewy to distract that part of my brain.

****yaaawwn*****

***They don't know Justin Bieber yet*** :P

What about Back Street Boys. I prefer you Back Street Boys.

Depends on my mood.
If I'm a little worked up abut a project and need to relax a little I like to listen to Bryan Adam's Spirit Soundtrack (yes, the movie), if I'm down and I need a little inspiration for a project I listen to ACDC's Iron Man 2 Soundtrack, and if I'm in between (perfect coding mode), I like to listen to U2's War album.

I also like to listen to: POD, Evanescence, Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, and probably my favorite: Rage Against The Machine(!!!).

- WolfShield

Depends, Sometimes Metal and Sometimes Techno/Trance.
What WolfShield Said "Metallica and Breaking Benjamin" two good ones.

absolutely I code to smooth techno.... not the doof doof stuff, but the real european stuff... get my brain waves smooth and flowing.

I want absolute silence. Trying to write code while listening to anything is just too distracting because I tend to listen to music and not pay attention to what I'm coding. Its a little like trying to code while intoxicated. Can't be successfully done.

So very very true. I once worked with a C++ GOD who demanded absolute silence and zero interpretations. Ones personal choice is absolutely critical... I have always used full cover headphones and and volume that others cannot hear.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.