Hi guys,

I'm looking into getting into the mobile development industry. Altough I'm being pulled in two directions and can't make up my mind. Which would be the wiser option, Blackberry or Android?

Basically making the choice based on where the industry is going for both, job oportunities, popularity etc.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Android for the win ! ! !

From what I can see on current London job market Android developers are sought out/on demand. However often you will see that they are expected to have knowledge of other environments iPhone/BlackBerry/Symbian/plain JME

What's also true is that with the Blackberry you going to be stuck on the same devices(blackberry phones and the playbook ofcourse), and with Android, so many devices out there are running Android as their OS, loads of phones and also tablets such as the Motorola Xoom, Samsung galaxy tabs etc.

Being a java developer, I seem to think that you either go the standalone apps, web apps, or mobile route. To be honest I'm much more interested in commiting to the mobile industry. But is there job security in it? Will mobile developers still be in demand (more or less) for the next 50 years or so?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.