Knight rider, Yabba dabba doo, tom and jerry, tales pin, duck tales... lol, hell lot to name, but don't you think childhood was so peaceful and merry when there was no internet and mobiles?, we all had fun, I was born in 80's, i enjoyed my childhood, with loads or cartoons, loads of kid movies and loads of cricket on roads(yes its India).

say what was beautiful in your childhood :)

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

I am from 80's it was captain planet, gummy bears, jungle book etc...
long summer days without sleeping and running of the houses into the fields, making doll houses and cooking leaves... And of course Treasure quest hahaha....( This is Pakistan)

I'm not from the 80's, but I've been there :D

I'm not from the 80's, but I've been there :D

Lol, Mods has many jokes to crack :P, wonder if you didn't understood the context of thread :/

I remember when I was a child we had to rent a television in order to watch the cartoons.
To turn it on, we had to insert a coin for a few hours of vision :).

I remember me, my siblings and my cousins had a lots and lots of fun when we were kids we were not very found of television we always kept looking for physical games like climbing trees, walls and playing treasure hunt game (we used to make a map and make it dirty with soil to make it ancient) :) i miss my childhood :(... That is the time worth to remember do you agree?

I remember when I was a child we had to rent a television in order to watch the cartoons.

...... :) ......Touching.

I remember me, my siblings and my cousins had a lots and lots of fun when we were kids we were not very found of television we always kept looking for physical games like climbing trees, walls and playing treasure hunt game (we used to make a map and make it dirty with soil to make it ancient) :) i miss my childhood :(... That is the time worth to remember do you agree?

Well, we are this way, so much related to nature, but i fear our kids are going to rot themselves with machines 0_*

it was always hide and seek, jumping on heap of sand was nice, from a tall wall, worth to remember, some don't even remember ;)

but i fear our kids are going to rot themselves with...

Yup you are right yesterday I have asked my 13 year old brother to shutdown computer and find yourself any physical activity he spent 30 minutes to think what he can do than finally he started to play cricket but after just 1 hr he was again on facebook...

Yup you are right yesterday I have asked my 13 year old brother to shutdown computer and find yourself any physical activity he spent 30 minutes to think what he can do than finally he started to play cricket but after just 1 hr he was again on facebook...

Bro, i think, these days for a 13 years old kid, playing with trees might sound lill bit off, except you take him to a beach or a hilly region, we love our televisions and computers anyway on weekends, transforming our lives and thinking about old times which we always do rather living them.

Bro

better call me SIS :D

better call me SIS :D

Oh No 0_0 :P

This idea of addressing brother, lol :P

lol :D

lol :D

I never heard a name "abel" belong to a female, lol

This just my Display name not actual name

This just my Display name not actual name

Full Name
Abel Lazm

Nevermind, this got me confused :/, May i know your name please?

No you may not :D

No you may not :D

Okay... :)

When I was growing up we played a game called 'cougar' - it was similar to hide and seek. One person was the cougar and would get a 100 count head start then the rest of would go looking. The game always started after sundown and would last for the 2 hours of twilight (and often into the dark) during high summer. Our twist was that we went hunting the cougar with lassoes. The first person the cougar touched was the next cougar so the first person to lasso the cougar would often be the next one cuz the cougar would climb the rope. The trick was for at least 2 people to lasso the cougar together. Think about it! the hunters were being hunted - even though being the cougar was really fun, no one wanted to be tagged first.

If you have not guessed, I grew up in Montana in the 1950s. I have never heard of anyone else playing this game so it may be a game invented locally (Livingston, MT). By the 1980s, I was pretty sure that kids were moribund, tv-addicted blobs that never went outside - now I find the 80s kids think that of the current crop of kids.

Life was always better when we were kids.

Man GrimJack that sounds cool. We played another game similar to hide and seek called man hunt. One person hides at first. I think we would give him/her a few minute head start. After that, the rest of us would go on the hunt! The original hunted person did not necessarily have to stay in one spot, which was one way the game was interesting. Another way was when you found him/her, you hid with him/her, i.e. you join the hunted! While being the first one to find him meant you won the hunt, the game obviously didn't end there! It only sucked if you were the last one to find, by the end, the group!

I always wanted a tree house... not just one tree house, but at least two connected tree houses, connected via bridge, monkey bars, and/or zip-line. The way my house's back yard declined, it also would've been easy to put a zip-line in from the porch to one of the potential houses.

When it comes to TV, there was a good portion of my life where all I had was PBS and ABC. However, for the portion I had more, it would be nice to mention TGIF, One Saturday Morning, Duck Tales(and all the duck-related cartoons), Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Looney Toons, and of course Jetsons/Flintstones(WIIILLLLLLMMMAAAAA!).

Video games.. kids nowadays are graphically spoiled.. If I can, I'll start my kids off with Atari games and make them "earn" more graphically intense games! Mwahahaha.

I remember climbing a tree was a regular thing and not an adventure. I watch G.I. Joe, Transformers.. oh and Alf and wonder years.. :)

Down on the Leg of Australia, being a child was a lot of fun, climbing trees, playing whole town chasey with your friends.

Then at around 13, would take motor bikes into the sand-hills and ride around, now bikes are banned from the sand-hills :/

My favourite past time when I was just a young boy, was Ding Dong Door Dashing. Ring someone's door bell and run, so much fun. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.