hey guys, I just want to know what country is the best for a web developer like me. in terms of Salary and benefits? I'm currently living in Philippines now. Please do help me. thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Is your country the worst place for a web developer like you, in terms of Salary and benefits ?

i think he asks more or less personal experiences from other countries,cause he isnt satisfied for his,if he was he wouldnt make that question :D

Is your country the worst place for a web developer like you, in terms of Salary and benefits ?

exactly. as for the starting here you'd get less than 400$/ month (that's lucky, some get less than 300$)

Grass always looks greener on the other side.

commented: True +0

you have to put it all into perspective.
Someone over here might make 10 times what you make for the same work, but if his cost of living is 20 times higher, he's worse off than you are.

commented: your correct man. +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Spider College.

exactly. as for the starting here you'd get less than 400$/ month (that's lucky, some get less than 300$)

And how does that relate to things like rent, insurance, prices of food?
Starting salaries here may be $3000, but $2700 of that goes to taxes, food, insurance, rent, etc. and the rest isn't enough to do much more than go to a movie sometimes or buy some CDs.
If your $400 stretches further than that, you're therefore better off than a beginner here...

I live in Ireland. Quick look on jobs.ie
Web developer about €40k
I think experienced might reach up to 60 or more(depends on the position)
Rent: 2-3 bedroom house/apartament about 1000-1500/month;
Food: I usually spend about 70-150 per week in food store between me and my girlfriend
Diesel: €1.47/ltr

Count yourself
Enjoy :)

And how does that relate to things like rent, insurance, prices of food?
Starting salaries here may be $3000, but $2700 of that goes to taxes, food, insurance, rent, etc. and the rest isn't enough to do much more than go to a movie sometimes or buy some CDs.
If your $400 stretches further than that, you're therefore better off than a beginner here...

I agree with that.
that's why I lose my 'American Dream' a long time ago.Unless the technological
interest , if I speak only in terms of finical there's no point of moving to
USA. But if you are a student type, lifetime research person then it may be
good because unlike other countries US have a large tech base.

Still, in Daniweb also some Americans still believe that he should be the
one in the most richest men in NYC list."Get up early in the morning and make a list
of 10 rich persons, see if you are there, if not then start working hard!".
Lots of ppl have migrated to the united states just because to become rich,
but the reality is opposite there. I have already dropped the idea of become
rich instead what I doing currently is enjoying my current life/work/job.
The truth is be a programmer just because of your technical interest,you can
hardly make it as "work for living".

Unless you can't enjoy your life as a programmer then there's no point of
become a programmer.

Sorry Americans. But there are still ppl who believes the American Dream.
I'm trying to break the American Dream instead of constructing it.
The greedy is the source of evil, what if you could enjoy your life more
when you drop your greedyness little ?

The best place would depend on the lifestyle you want to live. Every person has a different idea of the lifestyle they want. If you want to make more $ it could be one place.

You'd be surprised to know that the pay for a web developer varies in different places. I recently stumbled upon this info on the salaries of web developers all around the world. I was shocked at the facts. Some seem underpaid while some are paid significantly higher.

Your country seems to be one of those that are behind when it comes to the pay. However, I admire your work ethics. Some of the best developers are from the Philippines. I just wish you were paid well.

@andyedz: you admire his work ethics? you don't know his work ethics, so why admire them?

anyway, next to the direct financial results, you also have to think about the indirect results.

if you move to another country to 'earn more', will your family and every person you like/love move with you, or will you travel back 'home' every now and then to see them? I worked with some Roemenian guys half a year. they were pleasantly surprised about the wages here, a little less pleasantly, but still surprised about the cost to rent a flat, but still they earned good.

but one of flew home every month or so to see his family, that's a lot of costs that totally cancel out the benefits, that being if there were any benefits to begin with.

Just spotted this thread is almost a year old ... replying might be a bit redundant. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.