Whenever we get reputation...some of the those reputations have green box with it and some have grey box with it...does those green and and grey box signifies good and bad post respectively or something else....and what is the criteria of reputation points

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

A green box is good rep that adds to your points.
A red box is bad rep that subtracts from your points.
A grey box is either good or bad rep from a person that doesn't have enough power to affect your points.

>and what is the criteria of reputation points
The more good rep you get, the more points you get.

Nearly all of my latest reputation received is grey. It seems that only people with fewer than 5 posts like to give me kudos.

commented: You Deserve This.... +1

>Nearly all of my latest reputation received is grey.
I don't care what color the box is as long as they leave me an entertaining comment.

>All of mine are red.
That's because you're a dork. ;)

I agree about the entertaining comment. :)

I don't care what color the box is as long as they leave me an entertaining comment.

Any funny comment you care to share?

That's because you're a dork. ;)

I'm a sexy dork. Anyways, I thought it may have been from 'always giving the wrong answers' as some turd put it, or being rude and arrogant as another turd put it.

Any funny comment you care to share?

You weren't asking me, but meh. Here's a good one: I got called "Stupid muslim terrorist." in regard to this)

>Any funny comment you care to share?
I haven't gotten any yet. Rep isn't a popular activity around here. I had some better ones on cprog, but when they disabled rep, all of the comments I got were deleted.

I got one that said:

"Thanks, I searched long for this but for some reason, I did not find it. :)"

I like it because it seems impossible... he's saying that he did NOT find what he was searching for, but thanks for it nonetheless?

People just don't like you here, Narue :) I get at least a rep a day. Nothing outlandishly funny that I can remember ... you'd be surprised how many people say "I Love You" though.

Rep is overrated anyway.
Unless you respect the opinion of the person telling you you done good (or bad) who cares what they think of you?
In my experience on most sites it's used either as a popularity contest (people giving their friends good rep, everyone else bad) or to cuddle up to the bosses (hi Dani ;)).
Don't be surprised at the "I love you" comments. You look good, and are a girl in an environment dominated by boys with an overload of hormones and a lack of girls overall.
Maybe Narue would get them too were she a decade younger.

Why would boys want girls overalls?

>People just don't like you here, Narue
I don't blame them. I'm a meanie. ;)

>Maybe Narue would get them too were she a decade younger.
I'm not that much older than Dani, you know.

commented: I love you +2

Well... Dani I have to say I sent you a couple of rep comments :P, But they didn't include any I Love You. LoL not only is that phrase too special to me... but my girlfriend is stronger than me and her dad owns more weapons that me. So I gotta play it safe :P

But anyway.. where do you see your reputation and the comments at? You control panel?

>>Maybe Narue would get them too were she a decade younger.
>I'm not that much older than Dani, you know.
True, but to the kind of person I was referring to the difference is huge :)

Why would boys want girls overalls?

:eek: Ooooooohhhhhh, another burn by the spellchecker.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.