Did you wantch it? I saw the last part, got up at 5:00 a.m. and saw it on CNN. Awesome :) And the gods apparently thought so too because there was lots of sunshine, flag waving, and everything was perfect. I thought 90-year-old Price Phillip looked really really old (of course he is, but that's beside the point). And the Queen appeared to be sleeping during the ceremony.

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Member Avatar for nssltd

I Agree whole heartedly massive event ;) Executed so well..

Yeah, it was a massive event.

Member Avatar for diafol

Huh, couldn't get away from it. Was on every bloody radio station on my way home from my holiday. Union flags everywhere, mamby nonsense on the box. Pass the sick bucket. Surprised the ex-colonies are so for the monarchy.

Got it. Stuck with it. Fed up with it. Viva La Revolución. :(

I won't type what I really think of the Windsors here in case I get infracted and a receive a late night visit from the Ministry of Truth.

I didn't watch it, I did something more enjoyable instead such as pulling my toenails out with pliers.

commented: haw haw haw +0
commented: Thank god for normal people +0

> And the gods apparently thought so too because there was lots of sunshine, flag waving, and everything was perfect.
I guess the gods also approved of me going to work today, because there is much sunshine and flag waving here too.

> And the gods apparently thought so too because there was lots of sunshine, flag waving, and everything was perfect.
I guess the gods also approved of me going to work today, because there is much sunshine and flag waving here too.

They wave flags for you when you go to work?! I'm working for the wrong company apparently :)

It's windy today ;)

I watched every second. I am never prouder than the occasions where i partly finance an event for people i don't know or will probably ever meet. Proud to be British.

commented: Haha +0
Member Avatar for diafol

> Proud to be British.

Well at least you're represented on the union flag and the royal coat of arms (twice when flown in Scotland!).

Disaffected and disenfranchised. Can you be left cold by something and be fuming at the same time?

I know someone who gets a pension of some kind from UK and she told me that UK takes some money out of her pension every month to pay for that wedding. I'm rather shocked about that, I would have though the Queen and royal family would have footed the bill not the UK citizens. Maybe Prince William and Kate should have just eloped and saved everyone all that expense. Of course I know they couldn't have done that, but still ....

What do you guys think of kate's wedding dress. First time i see victoria beckham dress like that, she might be afraid of the queen wrath if she dress unappropriately. You guys like the temporary residence the couple are staying?

Working people always finance the rich folks gala events.

commented: agree agree agree..... +0

I know someone who gets a pension of some kind from UK and she told me that UK takes some money out of her pension every month to pay for that wedding. I'm rather shocked about that, I would have though the Queen and royal family would have footed the bill not the UK citizens. Maybe Prince William and Kate should have just eloped and saved everyone all that expense. Of course I know they couldn't have done that, but still ....

:-/ wonder Royal family cuts someone's pension to conduct their wedding strange enough.. This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard

I Agree whole heartedly massive event ;) Executed so well..

They had executions? And I missed it?

And here I thought it was just going to be a bunch of inbred toffs wandering around looking pleased with themselves...

Oh, I forget that,the Royal family have invited me man.
But you know I don't have any time, because going there won't put
$10 in my pocket,unless going there will take out $10 from my
pocket.Seriously no offence , I don't care.

Kings may be hero's and they may be risked their lives in the
defense lines to protect us,but we still own them because
they are depending on our tax. So I don't have any time to waste
out there.Seriously I don't have time, I'm very poor and very
glad here to become rich soon and bla bla bla.

Seriously, I don't get what the big deal is? They are just regular people like us, but somehow brainwashed the masses into thinking they are above us.

Seriously, I don't get what the big deal is? They are just regular people like us, but somehow brainwashed the masses into thinking they are above us.

The point is, biologially and even psycologically they are just normal ppl.
But they are rich and that's make them different from us.Because they don't
have to wait until end of the month to buy a new iPhone , Developer Board
or whatever.

Money make them superior than the god.

I disagree with you guys above. They are royal and will continue to be until the whole monarchy is wipe out. People admire them being a royal and not being rich. Being rich is common while being a royal is not. I have to agree with you guys that they are still normal people but with a status. Being a ruler is different from being rule and it is not an easy job afterall. We should pity them for their hard life instead of speaking ill about that. God is still the mightiest of all.

We should pity them for their hard life instead of speaking ill about that.

Oh, what a rough life they've got. All that lounging around doing nothing much at all. Tough life. Quick, can you name the last time a British monarch had anything to do with running the country aside from ceremonial duties?

God is still the mightiest of all.

No, Santa Claus is much mightier. God's just got a beard, Santa has the beard AND a magic sled.

They had business to attend to just like you guys. They had to organised events and so the list go one. Have you seen any royal so far sitting down spending time with their children almost every day. Maybe a few days but not all the time. God shaved his beard that is why he lost to santa claus

Have you all seen the movie 1991 King Ralph staring John Goodman? If not, then you should because its a halarious satire about the royal life.

Haven't seen that one, but I'm reading a very interesting triple biography of George, Wilhelm, and Nicholas just now. Three cousins who happened to be monarchs at the same time. Most histories of the late 19th/early 20th centuries don't really go into the fact that the royalty at the time were quite shockingly bad at their jobs, most likely because they were almost totally irrelevant as well.
Sort of fun, if you're interested in history. Fills in some gaps left by the more major tomes.

I didn't watch.
I don't care if people go gaga over it, or if people riot over it.
Two people, royal or not, have found someone who will make them happy.
Happiness is what we all shoot for, right? That day, programming made me happy,
so that's what I did! :)

I don't care too much about what other people do, it makes no difference to me.
If they are happy, that's what matters.

I'm just happy to be here at all. :)

- WolfShield

No I did not watch it. I can not see what all the fuss was about. I hope they are happy though. Did consider watching it, but decided against it.

Looks like the Brits came up with something worthwhile. The prince picked one fine lass, I must say!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.