Anyone here working on some project? I'm just curious on what people here work on? Maybe its a job or maybe a virus to steal bank accounts, either way, don't hesitate not to say and announce it here. This could potentially give others ideas on what their next project should be. As for me, right now, I'm working on music visualization software.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

:) I like that idea. I would rather work on voice sampling software, the kind that takes a sample, analyzes it, and simulates speech.

I'm using C# to make a game plan creator for my Americas Army 2 gaming buddies. It's almost done, just a minor bug left--and it should be pretty useful when we want/need to use it.

Also working on some input mapping software for the xbox 360 controller, and keeping my mind open to new ideas.

A project that aims to help the elderly by creating a product for that. The teacher pick me, now i have less time for my leisure activities during my school holiday.:'(

:) I like that idea. I would rather work on voice sampling software, the kind that takes a sample, analyzes it, and simulates speech.

I'm using C# to make a game plan creator for my Americas Army 2 gaming buddies. It's almost done, just a minor bug left--and it should be pretty useful when we want/need to use it.

Also working on some input mapping software for the xbox 360 controller, and keeping my mind open to new ideas.

You have no idea how hard voice sampling is. There is no software out there that has perfect speech analyzer, because of how much speech can vary, and just a little variation can cause a lot of trouble. Right now I don't have enough math skills to tackle such software, but I gotta start somewhere.

Well I'm starting to work on a project from a couple of years ago. It's mostly a package of development tools, one a multi-architect assembler(which I quit on after a week because even after grouping all the opcodes into smaller branching sets, it's still tedious to deal with), a 'catalyst' to run raw code along with arguments, a code mutater, CPU emulator, crude barebones OS emulator, etc.

I am trying to learn assembly and I downloaded a Sample OS which all it does is despay "hello world!" in a Window. Now I am trying to make I/O system for keyboard. Really hard and I think I need to know more assembly for that.

@firstPerson

There is no software out there that has perfect speech analyzer, because of how much speech can vary, and just a little variation can cause a lot of trouble.

Statements like this bother me because areas in which something like this might be practical are so well funded and probably top-secret there is no way in hell that you know that. You might be surprised.

@firstPerson

Statements like this bother me because areas in which something like this might be practical are so well funded and probably top-secret there is no way in hell that you know that. You might be surprised.

Your right. I'm in on position to claim such a thing, because I do not work with the leading speech recognition company, however just doing some research for example this, states that with just a vocabulary of 1000 words, the state of the art speech recognition is about 97% accurate. Now you might its pretty good, but thats under controlled condition, hence not in general, and also realize that on average humans have a range of vocabs from 10k to 150k, thus the error rates naturally increases as observed experimentally*. The military probably have some of the smartest people in the world working on such things, but at least to the general public, there is no perfect speech recognition software, for the general case. Although there are probably some that are very good.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

ATM I'm getting back into the swing of programming ( a little ).

Doing a website for my cousin who is getting married. Her fiancée wants the site to be interactive so their guest can RSVP online.

Trying to write my own CMS in php for another client.

Uploading my portfolio (c.v) which will include a flash application front end I wrote that communicates with an energy monitoring device using sockets on a unix system. I will have to purely simulate this to give an idea of what it looks like on the internet.

-Spare time continuing my fascination with A.I so learning more about neural networks, supervised learning.

-Trying to learn Spanish by myself and brush up on A-level maths. Using to be a private tutor so this may come in handy for quick money.

[Edit] Oh yeah, got a book on ASP.net, apparently it's hot at the mo so trying this out. Might buy a domain which supports asp.net and create a little demo... for my portfolio.

Man, I start my internship tomorrow, so idk, how much time leisure time I'll have to program. Hopefully, I won't be too busy.

My project at the moment, is buying parts to build my own computer, it works out a lot cheaper if you buy everything separately and put it together your self.

Yep, I've been building my own computer for quite a while now. IMO one of the most important things is the case, with an ancient flimsy aluminum case you're bound to have troubles with getting your new hardware installed properly.

I'm using a Cooler Master case at the moment:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225

I really like it, the first thing you will notice is that it is gigantic, but it has a lot of good features. One thing, cleaning the steel fan covers isn't as easy as it should be, you have to remove a fan in some cases, but it's still pretty painless.

It's very roomy, everything works, and it seems to keep my PC pretty cool.

My project at the moment, is buying parts to build my own computer, it works out a lot cheaper if you buy everything separately and put it together your self.

I made one myself too, It was much cheaper then buying one. When you buy a computer they try to save money so sometimes even if a computer has a nice processor or another "important" part like video card they put bad unnoticeable parts like power supply, CD players and even wires. They try to put in the cheapest once they can find, which I don't like. This is my first computer, I spend $300 on it and I got AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core 2.4 GHz, 2 gigs of RAM, nice looking case with 5 fans. It works perfectly, even through I use video card that goes with motherboard. I thought it will be crappy, but its not. In fact, it runs games like COD MW 2, which I do not really have time to play :D So I think making a computer is much better then buying it because it is cheaper, better quality and most important much more fun!

Yep, I've been building my own computer for quite a while now. IMO one of the most important things is the case, with an ancient flimsy aluminum case you're bound to have troubles with getting your new hardware installed properly.

I'm using a Cooler Master case at the moment:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119225

I really like it, the first thing you will notice is that it is gigantic, but it has a lot of good features. One thing, cleaning the steel fan covers isn't as easy as it should be, you have to remove a fan in some cases, but it's still pretty painless.

It's very roomy, everything works, and it seems to keep my PC pretty cool.

That case costs almost as much as my whole computer :D

Yep you're right about that, but I've been through quite a few computer builds, and this baby will last a few more ;)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I've had the same laptop for maybe four years now. It's all I use really.

Yep you're right about that, but I've been through quite a few computer builds, and this baby will last a few more

Right next to me, there is a computer that says "made For Microsoft Windows 95" and it has Pentium like 1 or 2. And guess what? It still works! I use it to test my OS, after I run it in virtual box. So if you are careful, and not trying to overheat your computer on purpose, it will work fine. And I think my case looks sexy, big enough for my parts, not expensive, and works perfectly! And I am really short on budget. I get only about $100 for my birthday every year, and I collected my "lunch money" for school :D and it still took me about 2 years to collect enough for a nice computer. So I definitely can't afford such an expensive case. Maybe in 20 years...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.