I haven't been around in about a year and have noticed a lot of change going on here.

So basically I just wanted to see if anyone has tips on the site changes or ease of use.

And of course to say howdy.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Howdy steven woodman :) DW feels like second home.

Welcome back steven, just back on daniweb and you are already a great help in the hardware and software forums, especially the windows category. you seem to have a lot of experience dealing with those machines. Hope to see your friendly face more.

@ NETProgrammer: It did for me for quite a while.

@ jingda: Thank you and you likely will be seeing me around.

Wonder if anybody missed steven woodman?

Not I :).

He just came back not long and got banned. Lol

Who is steven woodman and what he did that get him banned?

You might want to ask Crunchie or the Moderators in charge of the virus, spyware and other nasties forum. They will tell you the whole story. Let's just say, he got banned because he got into a fight with a fire breathing lizard, he lost and the lizard ate him for dinner. lol

Who is steven woodman and what he did that get him banned?

If I told you, I would then have to ban you too.:icon_evil:

If I told you, I would then have to ban you too.:icon_evil:

You are harsh for a lizard. You told me before, but why am i still not ban? ;)

You are harsh for a lizard. You told me before, but why am i still not ban? ;)

Are you requesting one? I can give you 3 months off if you wish :icon_twisted:

I think i better stick to my own summer vacation. Thanks for the offer though.

You might want to ask Crunchie or the Moderators in charge of the virus, spyware and other nasties forum. They will tell you the whole story. Let's just say, he got banned because he got into a fight with a fire breathing lizard, he lost and the lizard ate him for dinner. lol

Tip For Everyone:
If you are planning on getting in a fight with "Ancient Dragon", "Crunchie", "CSGal" or any of the other mods, you are going to lose. Those guys are way beyond most of us mortals.

And they can ban you.

Members only get banned if they break the rules enough times to reach 10 infraction points, simple as.

That's what happened with the Original Poster: he received a number of warnings and infractions during his stay with DaniWeb, so when he sent an abusive/offensive PM to a moderator I gave him a Keep it Pleasant infraction which took him over the 10 point threshold and triggered the ban.

Every DaniWeb member is given every opportunity to modify their behavior and abide by the community rules, but if they refuse so to do then a ban becomes almost an inevitability.

Tip For Everyone:
If you are planning on getting in a fight with "Ancient Dragon", "Crunchie", "CSGal" or any of the other mods, you are going to lose. Those guys are way beyond most of us mortals.

And they can ban you.

You forget about Happygeek too. :D

I was only joking too folks :).

commented: hehe +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.