Feel free to ignore this rant. I am up to my neck with programming, so much so that I'm getting sick of it. I know I can't believe I would ever say that either. I'm at work right now( internship ), and I just want to leave. I don't want to program for this whole week. I want to go away from Connecticut. I go to work and program for hours and hours. I come home and sleep. Then do it all over again. Then the weekend comes, and guess what? I program some more for my professor. I think I programmed for like 50-60 hours last week. Anyways this thread has no point, but I needed to write my stress. Thank you for listening, you may now get back to your regular scheduled programming( hahahaha nice pun, I know I know ).

regards, D,F-en Chhetri

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

That's called burnout. Take a vacation from programming for awhile to regain your enthusiasm. It happens to everyone on occasion.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I never had a programming job... Mainly because I don't have the qualifications.
I've tossed together a few websites for my mates here and there...but that's about it.

In any case, the best advise I can give is organisation. If you are absolutely organised, there is no reason why you can not divide your days up equally... Giving a portion to work and then leisure:- whatever this might entail.

So get out your calendar, a calendar phone is great for this and stick to your targets. If you feel like you're slacking alter your notes. But stick with the plan.

You can enjoy life fully if you're organised. It's just something you have to get used to.

Everything needs to be done in moderation. The best bet is to take a week vacation and then enjoy programming.

I just found out that my work might get into the companies next release. Whoot whoot. Partayyy. But first I need to make this program bug free, or at least cover upto 80% of it.

I might be in that boat in a couple months, lol. I just hope I can find an internship to tell the truth. What kind of work are you doing, is it interesting, and what programming languages do you get to use, etc?

I might be in that boat in a couple months, lol. I just hope I can find an internship to tell the truth. What kind of work are you doing, is it interesting, and what programming languages do you get to use, etc?

Using heavy javascript with Backbone Jquery and Underscore support. Its going to be a standalone app, that is designed to run on all mobile devices and desktops. They really aren't paying me enough for what I'm doing lol. And I think its interesting. I like it actually. I can't believe they are actually paying me for something I would probably do for free lol. Also I got to use java when I first started.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.