Member Avatar for LastMitch

It's warmed up to a balmy -19C (was -30).

That number means it's still cold from my stand point.

It's snowing here too, but it's kinda warm for a winter day (only -2C). Snow is already around 10 cm high. Who knows, maybe I'll go snowboarding this weekend.

I don't think people snowboarding nowadays compare like 5 or 7 years ago (It was very popular back then).

I don't think people snowboarding nowadays compare like 5 or 7 years ago (It was very popular back then).

Well, I ain't changing 'cose fashion changes...
I always liked snowboarding, and I still do. I often go snowboarding with some of my frineds in the "Winter holiday" period. It's fun, and relaxing, and it gets your mind off other things, such as daily work/problems/etc.
And for the record, I did go... and it was awesome. It depends on whether you like this kind of sport, or you're just doing it because it's "cool".

@Lucaci Andrew

And for the record, I did go... and it was awesome. It depends on whether you like this kind of sport, or you're just doing it because it's "cool".

I totally agree with you. It really depends whether people like this sport or not.

As for the weather around here it's been raining and snowing.

Where I live, at the moment, it got sunny but quite windy.

here i am india..really good suuny weather today...

Where i am, it is also sunny.

-45C with wind chill this morning. But it's been worse. This day in 1996 it dropped to -57.6C with wind chill.

It's 25F right now, 6:00 pm. Snowed a little bit yesterday, but almost gone now. At the first sight of snow where I live all traffic stops, interstates (autobahn in Germany) looks like a big parking lot and all schools are closed.

here i am india..really good suuny weather today...

It's too humid plus no snow.

Where i am, it is also sunny.

I live in San Diego for 6 months. I don't like to live in CA it's 3 hours behind. It doesn't snow any all. So sad.

-45C with wind chill this morning. But it's been worse. This day in 1996 it dropped to -57.6C with wind chill.

I don't think I ever live in Canada

It's 25F right now, 6:00 pm. Snowed a little bit yesterday, but almost gone now. At the first sight of snow where I live all traffic stops, interstates (autobahn in Germany) looks like a big parking lot and all schools are closed.

I wish it snow more here. I miss snow. 25F is pretty warm.

@LastMitch, fortunately for you, California is the only state in which you can Surf and go Snowboarding in the same day...

@LastMitch, fortunately for you, California is the only state in which you can Surf and go Snowboarding in the same day...

I'm gonna to see some snowflakes the next 24/36 hours and I'm happy. I like snow.

You are missing out on Winter season!

here,sometimes it is hot,sometimes it is raining and sometimes it is windy.
I wonder how does it feel to have winter and snow..never feel it before..

Watching Nemo and snow!

I wonder how does it feel to have winter and snow..never feel it before..

The last few days would probably be as much a shock to your system as Arizona in August was to mine (like getting hit in the face with a brick every time I stepped outside). We hit -45C (with the windchill) here a few days ago and I still preferred that to +47C in Arizona.

I don't think I ever live in Canada

You'd be surprised. It's not that cold here all winter long. We used to get a cold snap in December and January but for years now it's really been just January. And even when it gets really cold it's not for long. On the really cold days it is quite sunny and usually not windy so outdoors is still an option as long as you dress for it. That's one thing about the cold - you can always throw on another sweater. Can't do much on the hot days except sweat.

That's one thing about the cold - you can always throw on another sweater. Can't do much on the hot days except sweat.

I've always said this about the heat and humidity: "once yuo hit skin, there's nothing more to take off except the sweat".

Do you have the same mosquito problem in the summer that we do here in in Winnipeg?

I've never been to Winnipeg, but the mosquito is the unofficial state bird. :). Last summer I think Minneapolis had the distinction of being the hottest city in the nation twice when we were in the low 100's F

Thankfully, I have not yet seen any Asian Tiger Mosquitos since I moved here 10 years ago. The first time I encounted one of those was when I lived in Illinois and was cutting my lawn when it felt like some stabbed me in the thigh with a pencil. I did the instinctual slap and on inspection I thought WTH is that mutant thing. An hour of reseach later, I knew the answer; another lovely invasive species brought in from Asia.

Oh, joy! I decide to check on their distribution, and the CDC has a confirmed hit (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/arbor/albopic_97_sm.htm just east of me.

Oh, Alberta, please send down 2 weeks worth of those clippers to freeze out those critters!

All the snow is melting now.

You'd be surprised. It's not that cold here all winter long. We used to get a cold snap in December and January but for years now it's really been just January. And even when it gets really cold it's not for long. On the really cold days it is quite sunny and usually not windy so outdoors is still an option as long as you dress for it. That's one thing about the cold - you can always throw on another sweater. Can't do much on the hot days except sweat.

The way you mention it. It seems like you feel very comfortable with the weather up in Canada.

Started off raining and about 30F and windy. Changed to freezing rain and put about a 1/4 inch of ice on everything and about 1/2 hour ago turned to this.

Yep, 1 to 2-inch snow flakes. Yippie!!!.

commented: Looks like a nice place to x-country ski. +0

Funny. Down there you seem to get more major snowfalls than we do here. We very seldom get the "shut down the city" snowstorms that we see hammering other regions. The last really bad one was in November '86. I was on standby that week and got called into work before the city got shut down. I was stuck there for three days. Of course I got a snot-load of money in compensation. My wife, however, wasn't pleased. She was stuck at home with a two kids (one almost three years old and the other about two months) and a dog.

We very seldom get the "shut down the city" snowstorms that we see hammering other regions.

Have you ever been to St Louis in the winter? 1/8th inch snow will shut down the city! We close all schools and businesses at the first sight of a snowflake. I've seen them close all schools when the weatherman predicted snow, then we got no snow. All the kids got a snow day with no snow :)

BTW: it's just raining here today. Not cold enought for snow.

Funny. Down there you seem to get more major snowfalls than we do here. We very seldom get the "shut down the city" snowstorms that we see hammering other regions.

I think it's all about available moisture. The farther north you go in the central part of the continent, the less chance that you will get the moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. Its amazing what a mear 100 miles distance can mean. Past dozen or so years, 100 miles south of my location seems to get all the real good precipitaion. I think you get most or your moisture from the Pacific, but I could be wrong.

When we get the dumping it's usually because of a Colorado Low. I know. Blame the Yanks for that too ;-P Unlike the schnooks (ok, chinooks) in Alberta.

Man, while we in the Toronto area got some snow this weekend, it seems that the guys down in the area north of NYC really got nailed. First Sandy in the fall, then this mess in the winter. Makes me wonder what might happen in the spring. My sympathies and prayers to all affected.

Here, we are just around freezing and sunny.

The east coast always gets lots of snow, it't not at all unusual. I recall the day John Kennedy was inaugurated (Jan 20, 1961). Big blizzard, but he did it outside anyway.

I recall the day John Kennedy was inaugurated (Jan 20, 1961). Big blizzard, but he did it outside anyway.

by any chance was it a short inaugaration?

The east coast always gets lots of snow, it't not at all unusual. I recall the day John Kennedy was inaugurated (Jan 20, 1961). Big blizzard, but he did it outside anyway.

Why not reschedule? My goodness back then was much colder than now.

You're talking about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_1961_nor%27easter

by any chance was it a short inaugaration?

It didn't say. So I think if AD remember how long was it, it would be great.

This is like a trival question.

i am from india city indore and today is rainy day here and festival also so i enjoy today at office

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.