Trust me, driving is not easy at all. You have to keep (your only two) eyes on all the gadgets in the car, other cars, pedestrians and traffic rules at the same time...These are those things that took me 12 months to get use to and finally get my driver's license.
Yes, I got mine while I was 24 years old

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Getting mine in two months : 15.

I got mine soon after it was legal for me to do so -- 16. That was waaaay back in 1959, and I flunked it the first time because I went through a stop sign while the cop was sitting in the passenger seat next to me. I guess I was just so nervous that I didn't even see the sign. As for actually driving, any farmer kid will tell you that they learn to drive at a very early age. I was probably about 12 when I started to drive tractors.

Got mine on my 17th birthday (minimum legal age) 36 years ago. Piece of cake :).

I live in Idaho.
14 1/2 for a permit, 6 month waiting period between classes and exam. License at 15.

Member Avatar for diafol

17 some 25 years back. Still doesn't mean I can drive - I'm a danger to myself and everybody else. Good enough for driving in Italy though. :)

i started driving at 16 but i got my first licence when i was 21

i tooked me about 2 months to get my license, got it just after I was 18 years old :>

I got mine at age 17, earliest possible in UK, having passed my text first time.

I am going to get mine when I will be 15 :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

At 17 but had to have about 40 lessons! And failed the first time, passed the second time round.

And I have a motorbike...

Next on the list helicopter -> Speedboat -> Airplane -> Tank.

commented: Awesome +0

I got my permit as soon as I turned 16, my junior license later in the year while still 16, and it automatically converted to a full license on my 17th birthday.

18th birthday+1 day, too drunk to do the test on the day
everything happens at 18

At 17 but had to have about 40 lessons! And failed the first time, passed the second time round.

Next on the list helicopter -> Speedboat -> Airplane -> Tank.

You have plans. I really want to experience what it looks like with a heavy duty vehicle (MAN Truck)before i make plans on being in the air.
I love the sight of being on the road with other cars but you would be so elevated and you can not help but look down on the roof of others

In the age of 20. 8 years back.

Well, I've got it when I was about 19.. I think driving cars is very easy.. It only needs training, especially when you're driving alone with no instructor (since you know the basics) because sitting beside an instructor would make a learner feel like a prisoner.. However you move, you say: "Now he's gonna insult me!" :D
Also, I think automatic cars are easier to drive than manual ones.

I got mine at age 16 - 47 years ago. Had it taken away 3 times before I turned 18 and have had no moving violations on my record since - I got caught speeding, running red lights etc but always got off with some fast talk.

got mine when I was 19

Next on the list helicopter -> Speedboat -> Airplane -> Tank

Maybe, possibly, probably, I would fly my choppers, ski-planes, seaplanes, biplanes, microlights, gliders, and some other MICRO ships around here within a few days, but before this I'll try to consult you about them :D.
DON'T TAKE ME SERIOUSLY! OF COURSE I'M KIDDING :D

restricted private pilots check
Bike check
Car check
Truck check
Bus check
marine Oocean going check

18 was a good year for licenses

I got mine at age 16 - 47 years ago. Had it taken away 3 times before I turned 18 and have had no moving violations on my record since - I got caught speeding, running red lights etc but always got off with some fast talk.

wow! that's much experience. :cool:

18, but only because I need it to get into pubs.... its a good form of photo ID, indeed the only universally-accepted one. And cheaper than a passport

Only got a provisional though (im nearly 22 now) i cba learning how to drive.

I got mine when I was 15. I am now driving for almost 15 years. Congrats on your driving endeavors.

I got mine in October 31, 2002.
I failed twice before that. -_-

I think I took the written test about 7 times and failed 6. On a completely unrelated note, my father was the town banker and had turned down a loan request from the state trooper giving the test. Passed the driving test on the 3rd try - I kept going 26 mph in a 25 mph zone and making harder stops than they wanted. I aced the parallel parking and driving in reverse.

18 and still cant drive anything :/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.