Anyone can post content of .bat files that was used to trick people or to do some useful command like shutdown batch files and stuff for example below

%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 60 -c "One minute to shut down... Please close all programs before time out."

p/s: not a link to .bat files, just the full content of the batch files

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Er.

format c: -y -y

One of the system folks left the company under suspicious circumstances so we did a massive search for files he touched and found one called time_bomb. I 'typed' it to see what was in it and the screen locked up - total heart failure until I realized the file was just a couple million lines of cr-lf. When my heart rate returned to normal, I had a good laugh and later mail-bombed him.

Not really batch file prank.

One of the system folks left the company under suspicious circumstances so we did a massive search for files he touched and found one called time_bomb. I 'typed' it to see what was in it and the screen locked up - total heart failure until I realized the file was just a couple million lines of cr-lf. When my heart rate returned to normal, I had a good laugh and later mail-bombed him.

Not really batch file prank.

lol... looks fun
can you share that file here?

lol... looks fun
can you share that file here?

the file was just a couple million lines of cr-lf

Erm, NO!

:)

Happygeek - which is the real you? your original avatar or this one? or both?

all he needs to do is copy this piece of code 1 million times:

We used to send messages across our LAN with the NET SEND command. So convenient! That was until some evildoer placed net.bat in the same directory...

*.bat trumps *.exe every time ;-)

Apparently, they inserted an extra sentence into every message sent, selected from an array of random insults.

Rest in peace NET SEND.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.