Free Sony PSP - "with participation in their promo
at [link removed -- spam] you can get free Sony PSP.
I think I am going to go through to see if it works - anyone else tried this before?"

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I assume it's limitted availability, that they tell you at the end has run out.

I would have a look, but I don't follow unsolicitated links when I can avoid it. Especially from first time posters.

Yea, i didnt follow it either. Seems like a classic scam to me.

-T

Just to throw this out there: many of those "Get a Free Whatever" promotions are actually legitimate, if you want to go through the hassle. They require, usually, that you purchase 2 or 3 items from several pages of offers. Once you've completed these transactions, you enter a waiting period, until they "come through". Then you enter another waiting period, completely arbitrary, until you are "confirmed". Then there is some paperwork. Finally, sometimes a few months later, you get the product or its near equivalent.

Plus, you're saddled with whatever you bought. The key is to buy something you'll really use (like Blockbuster online), or something that you're willing to cancel, with all of that attendant hassle: vitamin samples or weight loss patches, etc. that only cost a few dollars but enroll you in a monthly program unless you cancel within 30 days.

How do I know? I'm closely related to a person with the time and inclination to go through that hassle. The freebies thus garnered include a Sony Aquas LCD TV, a PSP, an ACER Laptop, and an IPOD 60GB.

I am sure there are as many legit ones as scams out there. You just have to be careful wheny our deciding if you want to go though with it or not.

-T

And most of those schemes also work only if you can get a high number of people to do the same thing...

For example you must buy 3 items out of a list of 10, and then get 10 people to do the same thing before you get the "free" whatever.
Those items you have to buy are usually way overpriced to the point where you could buy them elsewhere and have enough left to buy that "free" whatever and then some, plus of course it's getting ever harder to sign up people for something like this.

Essentially they're pyramid schemes, which are illegal.

I am sure there are as many legit ones as scams out there. You just have to be careful wheny our deciding if you want to go though with it or not.

-T

No, the scams outstrip the legit ones by an order of magnitude.

None of the schemes I referred to ever required that anyone else be recruited, just for the record. I'm not promoting anything, just adding to the conversation.

Thanx for the spam :(

This i most likely a bot,same exact link for this was posted @ two other sites im on.......(They were both deleted straight away) :mad:

Yours didn't, but a lot of others do.

Anyone ever get the over-the-phone offers? So far we've won several million and a hundred different trips, but never got them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.