Do people here actually use the Daniweb Irc channel frequently? I was there a couple of days ago and it was totally empty...

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I was there once, there were a few mods but nobody actually answered.

I lurk there sometimes. It's usually pretty quiet. Sometimes there are several people on there not talking to each other, heh heh. But occasionally somebody might break the silence and start a conversation!

Ive lost the link.....

I was there right now, and there were only a couple of ops in other than me. Very very quiet. :)

I was there right now, and there were only a couple of ops in other than me. Very very quiet.

Because a weekday morning should be hopping. ;)

Morning? Its afternoon...

Maybe a shout/chat box on the actual site would be a better idea?

> Morning? Its afternoon...

Frigging timezones, how do they work? :-)

Way off topic, I know, but sos, you're signature is really depressing

I use it maybe once a week but hardly any members, once in a blue moon there will be someone i can communicate to :)

Is there a day or time when the channel gets busy? like weekends or the night time...err night time on some timezone?

IRC channels work in a different way. The trick here is to join the channel and continue with the stuff you were doing. If someone pops in, drop a casual "hello"; if someone else is interested in carrying on with the discussion, fine. If not, back to work. The mistake folks make is to join the channel, steady their hands on the home row of their keyboard and eagerly wait for someone to type something enlightening, which of course doesn't happen. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.