Still in love with NFS Carbon and Prince of Persia

What categories of game do you guys usually play. First person shooter, racing, role playing or what? I am interested to know to see if anyone here share the same interest as me:)

RPG's and strategies mostly (Waiting for Diablo 3 :P), but a few years back when i had a PS2, i used to play a lot of adventure and God of War/Devil may cry/Prince of Persia style of third person action adventure games, and racing games like NFS MW, Burnout 3, and also my favorite Rachet and clank series.

FPS all the way, can't wait for Battle Field 3 but Gears of War 3 is pritty good !

I used to play Xbox 360, mainly the Call of Duty series, but since I have started college I have been unable to play really any games at all. Sometimes I will play Terraria or Minecraft but it is very rare as I am always doing college work on my computer.

Battle Field 3 beta at the moment, even with all the bug, looking forward to get it at the end of this month, campain looks awesome !

Playing Savage 2: Tortured Soul now. Excellent game for those using Mac.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Still love to play Project IGI & IGI 2, waiting for 3rd release but unfortunately Innerloop studio no more exists now.

i am a great lover of online games and occasionally play when i got free time and my favorite games are Street fighter, Snow Bros and Need for speed.

Still love to play Project IGI & IGI 2, waiting for 3rd release but unfortunately Innerloop studio no more exists now.

Yes! IGI is a pretty cool game. I have found a lot of pretty cool games in the discount bins - ie Far Cry.

This is a noob question but I'm curious though...

Do you play games by cheating or going through walkthrough before or now? And which is better, play normally or goes with cheating?

I did play games by cheating but somehow play with cheat doesn't satisfied me so I went to play normally. The feeling I get with normal level grinding w/o cheat was pure satisfaction when the ending roll. When play with cheat ie superhuman/god, infinite cash, it doesn't give that kind of feeling at all.. what would you guys think?

Anyone here play Counter Strike online?

Do you mean 1.6 or CSS ?
Usually I stick with CSS beta.

As soon as I read a walkthrough, I lose interest. When I am playing, I like to think I am doing it for the first time. The fear-factor of not knowing what is going to come out of the dark is wonderfully creepy to me. I play dark, dystopic first person shooters - even the bright and beautiful landscapes of half-life2 are scary at first. I am not a very good player as I tend to lack finesse and just go in shooting but I have fun.

As soon as I read a walkthrough, I lose interest. When I am playing, I like to think I am doing it for the first time. The fear-factor of not knowing what is going to come out of the dark is wonderfully creepy to me. I play dark, dystopic first person shooters - even the bright and beautiful landscapes of half-life2 are scary at first. I am not a very good player as I tend to lack finesse and just go in shooting but I have fun.

but that's where the fun and tense roll over. Explore like nobody knows how to and you'll have either to pull out some stunts and bravery to move on or stay away from dangerous areas. Agree though walkthrough kill the mood. I only read it after finishing the entire game and gain some secrets from the game itself.

but that's where the fun and tense roll over. Explore like nobody knows how to and you'll have either to pull out some stunts and bravery to move on or stay away from dangerous areas. Agree though walkthrough kill the mood. I only read it after finishing the entire game and gain some secrets from the game itself.

I don't think walkthroughs _always_ ruin the mood, sometimes I just don't enjoy the games little puzzles or I get lost and sometimes even a bug keeps me wandering around for waaay too long. I kind of like 'em sometimes.

I don't think walkthroughs _always_ ruin the mood, sometimes I just don't enjoy the games little puzzles or I get lost and sometimes even a bug keeps me wandering around for waaay too long. I kind of like 'em sometimes.

Walkthrough is like reading a journal of someone else traveling the road you are going to. If you want something fresh ie. no spoilers etc. then don't read the journal unless you want to unlock secrets earlier to fight some really tough boss.

But really, don't use walkthrough too much or it'll kill the mood.

Member Avatar for v3ga

I am a dota player, i love it, i want to master it, but the problem is we don't have a pc at home. Instead we use our pc for business purposes? Where can i find a book preferably that i can read about the heroes and the items.

Its all on playdota.com. Its pretty comprehensive.

Member Avatar for v3ga

Also without reading a walkthrough you feel a sense of accomplishment when you do the task (like getting a silent assassin rating in a hitman mission)

im looking forward to playing mw3 and maybe bf3 if i can get enough money to pay for them, or if my friend can find out what program his friend used to get black ops xbox 360 free (yes free he said he had like a working back up copy of it and played it at his house on his xbox, so i asked him if he can find out the program, when i find out i will let others here know if it actually works) need for speed: the run is pretty fun, even though im only playing the demo so far, but still fun, and i can't wait for half life 3 or if they're going to call it hl2: ep.3, idk but also can't wait for portal 3 and when these 2 games join together and become one game, my friend and i have been speculating what is going to happen but i don't wanna say right now because others might not agree with it, oh and the assassins creed game are awesome!

i have just gotten Minecraft still not very good at it, my faveorite games are the Final Fantasy series (playstation) or Oblivion (pc). i only ever resort to looking in a walkthrough if i have been stuck on the one puzzle for more than three weeks because i like to play the game through without any help. i'm not much of a shoot game person but my boyfriend has me playing modern warware 3? at the moment

skyrim comes out 11/11/11 (8 days)
think I'm gonna get it

World of WarCraft: Mists of Pandaria and DOTA 2 coming out next year, I can't wait to get my hands on them.

just renewed my WoW and Ryzom accounts for another year. Got tired of waiting for the constantly delayed Tera.
Might reinstall Flight Simulator X and give that a whirl again if I want a complete change of scenery, or try to get Total Annihillation working under Windows 7. Nothing else has ever held my interest for very long except maybe Eye of the Beholder (and I'm not even going to try getting that dynosaur to work under anything approaching a modern operating system).

World of WarCraft: Mists of Pandaria and DOTA 2 coming out next year, I can't wait to get my hands on them.

yah, MoP looks like it'll be fun, though I hope it's bigger than Cataclysm (which suffers from being a bit small for the time it needs to satisfy users).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.