Basically the time old question of who would win. Just decided to put a very geeky twist to it. Just looking to see if people think C++ is better/worse then C :icon_lol:

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

One is the same as the other, but with an extra set of limbs.

One is not better or worse than the other. C is more appropriate in some applications while c++ may be better in others. It all depends on the application to be coded and the hardware on which the program will run.

Basically the time old question of who would win.

Including the time old mistake of no context. Language comparisons without context are pointless.

commented: agree! +0

Language comparisons without context are pointless.

Spot on Narue!

Guys i wasn't actually looking for an answer. This was meant to be a slightly fun thread where you were meant to post stupid and ridiculous replies to match the question. But nvm

This was meant to be a slightly fun thread where you were meant to post stupid and ridiculous replies to match the question.

Text is a medium that lacks visual and auditory cues for conveying meaning. Your question didn't imply that you wanted "stupid and ridiculous replies", so it's your fault for not making that intention clear.

The take-away lesson is: say what you mean or don't complain when you're misunderstood.

Not being funny narue but if you think a question asking about 2 PROGRAMMING languages FIGHTING is serious then you really need to gain more social experience

Not being funny narue but if you think a question asking about 2 PROGRAMMING languages FIGHTING is serious then you really need to gain more social experience

Once again, your meaning was unclear. The most logical inferrance of "What would win in a fight?" is "What would win in a comparison?". Languages are not animate, don't "fight", and the attempt at whimsy is far from obvious.

you really need to gain more social experience

Right back at ya.

By the way, in a fight between C and C++, C++ would win easily because it's armed with two '+'s. :D

But C doesn't have the heavy burden of carrying all those '+'s around all the time, so that makes it lighter and quicker. Similar in comparison to an old overweight man (me) and a young spring chicken (Dani) :)

Ok narue i must admit i was getting annoyed with you. But must admit tha last post was class :p

Ok narue i must admit i was getting annoyed with you

Narue rubbing someone the wrong way?! This is truly shocking news! :D

commented: ^_^ +0

I vote for C because C++ was written in C there for is limited to C's capabilities and is there by more recourse hungry than C as it another level of compilation of computer interpretation for reading the binary sequence. Things were sooo much simpler with punch cards.

At the start of the fight, C would open up with a flurry of super high speed punches. After a while though, the C program would start to bog down, because the developer used simplistic algorithms - lots of linear searches and the like.

C++ would maintain higher damage later in the fight, due to having lots of O(log(n)) performance containers. Therefore, C++ would win ;)

C would have C++ in an armbar, but unfortunately the C developer made a typo in the finish_armbar() routine so he can't break off C++'s arm. C# would be watching the whole thing from across the street behind a thick glass bubble, chuckling to himself.

At the start of the fight, C would open up with a flurry of super high speed punches. After a while though, the C program would start to bog down, because the developer used simplistic algorithms - lots of linear searches and the like.

C++ would maintain higher damage later in the fight, due to having lots of O(log(n)) performance containers. Therefore, C++ would win ;)

Using that theory c++ would be dead before it get's to use it's weapons. lol

I don't see, do you see?:icon_wink:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.