Hello everyone

Name: Casey
Interwebs names: Ummn and Yuppers
Nickname: Powder
Relationship Status: Married with children
Hobbies: Family first always and computers

A little about my family, I've been married just over 6 years now and have 3 awesome kids. 2 step sons, 1 is a US Marine serving our great country stationed in Japan and the other is about to turn 16, in high school playing every sport he can find time for. I also have a wonderful daughter that is 5 and just started kindergarten, she is soon to be a member on this site I think. First thing she does when she walks in the door from school is asks to play on the computer.

As for myself, I was recently laid-off from my job as a heating and air conditioning technician and picked up being Mr. mom. I find myself baking and cooking more than any man should. I have always been a computer guy since my dad walked in with our first computer when I was 10ish. Ever since then I have never been far away from a computer. I've build many computers for myself and family as well as fixed them when they get messed up. Recently I have been teaching myself programming because I have been scripting and editing existing code to suit my needs but never knew why things did what they did. My end goal is to get a job in computers and have a good stable company that wants to help me pursue my hobby and pay me for it!

Thanks for reading folks and I am very glad to be here.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Welcome Casey:) Enjoy your stay

Welcome to Daniweb.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.