John McCarthy, father of the LISP programming language and giant in the AI community, has passed away at the age of 84. Rest in Peace.

http://www.slashgear.com/grandfather-of-artificial-intelligence-john-mccarthy-passes-away-25190622/

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

T.T.. may he rest in peace.

3 great computer people died this month! McCarthy contributed so much to A.I.!
Lisp is on top of my languages-to-learn list.

R.I.P. :(

Indeed; RIP John and thanks a lot for your contributions to the computing world. :(

OMG Who's next? Dani? Please tell me your in good health dani! :( RIP

OMG Who's next? Dani? Please tell me your in good health dani! :( RIP

Don't tell me it's RIP dani now :( It's been over 24 hours and no response.

cwarn23, please don't sidetrack the topic in consideration but posting off-topic replies. You have officially diverted the "RIP John" thread with comments which would be thought of by some as "borderline online stalking".

cwarn23, please don't sidetrack the topic in consideration but posting off-topic replies. You have officially diverted the "RIP John" thread with comments which would be thought of by some as "borderline online stalking".

Ok, I guess we don't want another topic like in Area 51 so lets continue with our RIP John McCarthy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.