Hi, I have come across the sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" and found there are shorter sentences. Perhaps we should work out some. I have worked out the following.
"The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy god"
Can anybody think of shorter containing all of the letters of the alphabet? Is that a record to make a shorter sentence than the original one in question?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just worked out a sentence containing only 1 of every letter. Must be a world record.

decrypt "mqnwbvxzulikojhagsf".

You have far too much time on your hands.

You have far too much time on your hands.

Indeed, perhaps I need to subscribe to second life or something like that? Or better yet make my own version of second life. But yer, it is kinda sad when all I do all day is just write tutorials and post them on my site and when I get board of that I help out here on daniweb. :(

how about just "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"? Its minimal as possible. And it could be considered as a sentence if you add a period at the end.

I wonder if the dictionary allows for regex? If so then it could be achieved by the sentence [a-z]{26}\. . hmm, I wonder if it is possible to make it shorter.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.